Develop your skills with others, on pieces of real-world blockchain projects. Bring your laptop and code with others towards common learning goals!
Join us at Lvl 5 Tyro Fintech Hub for a focussed code-together!
How it works:
Prepare a list of things you'd like to learn, then bring your own project idea (or choose one from "Giveth's Social Coding Circle https://github.com/S0cialC0ding/social-coding).
Next, team up with other developers and complete shared development goals towards decentralised applications (DApps).
• Developer (non-blockchain) - already a software developer, but never touched blockchain
• Developer (blockchain) - a software developer who has interacted with web3 and/or smart contracts
From front-end interaction with web3, smart contract development, or decentralised file hosting, you'll find something to build and/or contribute.
Pairs/teams are made such that people of similar skill levels are together.
Start the discussion in the comments below, or the workshop telegram group: Code-together -> https://t.me/joinchat/E_iAH0L8sIRAoW-u0lVdHg
(See also Bokky's workshop chat -> https://t.me/joinchat/E_iAH0wa_um6CoEXr0mXMg).
10:00 - introduction, goal sharing, and pair/group formation
10:30 - begin exploring and coding established project pieces
... - (coding and collaborating with others)
... - (byo lunch or takeaway from local shops)
14:30 - Tools down! Present your outcomes and learnings
15:00 - Fin.
• Meet before the start at 9:55am, outside the lobby of 155 Clarence Street, Sydney
• If arriving later, please ping the BokkyPooBah's Ethereum Workshop Chat (https://t.me/joinchat/E_iAH0wa_um6CoEXr0mXMg) group and someone will come down to get you
• For those that asked about decentralised hosting... https://medium.com/@DAppNode/dappnode-the-infrastructure-for-the-decentralized-world-85983b16db14
• For developers just getting into smart contract development - https://github.com/bokkypoobah/BokkyPooBahsEthereumWorkshop/wiki/Workshop-%2331-%5BIntroduction%5D-Blockchains-&-Crypto-Safety,-And-Smart-Contracts-%231