Develop your skills with others, on pieces of real-world blockchain projects. Bring your laptop and code with others towards common learning goals!
How it works:
- Prepare a list of things you'd like to learn, maybe even bring your own project to buidl
- Team up with other developers and complete shared development goals towards decentralised applications (DApps)
- See the RESOURCE section at end of event description below.
For this code together, we'll be dialling in with Web3 Melbourne's weekly hack -> https://www.meetup.com/Web3-Melbourne/events/257885121
• Developer (non-blockchain) - already a software developer, but never touched blockchain
• Developer (blockchain) - a software developer who has interacted with web3 and/or smart contracts
Start the discussion in the comments below, or the workshop telegram group: Code-together -> https://t.me/joinchat/E_iAH0L8sISpA1meVYC0CA
(See also Bokky's workshop chat -> https://t.me/joinchat/E_iAH0wa_um6CoEXr0mXMg).
• Meet before the start at 9:55pm, outside 155 Clarence Street, Sydney
• If arriving later, please ping the Code-together telegram chat -> (https://t.me/joinchat/E_iAH0L8sISpA1meVYC0CA) and someone will come down to get you
• To help cover the costs of food/drink, please bring a donation. Recommended $20/$10 note if you can, or almost can, afford it. (no worries if you can't)
*** RESOURCES ***
• Overview/introduction content -> https://github.com/bokkypoobah/EthereumForBunnies
• Given the past two workshop's on Myrkle trees, build your own! -> https://www.chainshot.com/lessons/5c36bf15143eed0017f579755ba1558bd9f997cd2e33eba7
• IPFS encryption -> https://medium.com/@mycoralhealth/learn-to-securely-share-files-on-the-blockchain-with-ipfs-219ee47df54c
• Zero-Knowledge proofs, see resources from a Geoff and Adrian's workshop -> https://www.meetup.com/BokkyPooBahs-Ethereum-Workshop/events/258005859/ . See also -> https://medium.com/@glamperd/zk-poker-a-simple-zk-snark-circuit-8ec8d0c5ee52
• For those that asked about decentralised hosting... https://medium.com/@DAppNode/dappnode-the-infrastructure-for-the-decentralized-world-85983b16db14
• For developers just getting into smart contract development - https://github.com/bokkypoobah/BokkyPooBahsEthereumWorkshop/wiki/Workshop-%2331-%5BIntroduction%5D-Blockchains-&-Crypto-Safety,-And-Smart-Contracts-%231