....sounds like the beginning of a joke. We bring to you an EOFY special so you don't have to cry (or die) trying to figure out your huge unplanned crypto tax bill.
So in a nice full circle this session will be given by an accountant, for those us building on Crypto, Blockchain, and Ledger Technology.
Stuart Reynolds is Partner of Fullstack Advisory and has given many startup and entrepreneur centric talks and articles, such as:
Cryptocurrency mining taxes
We'll look at the treatment of cryptocurrency & tax obligations, some examples where this might effect you:
- individuals/freelancers - earning or being paid for in cryptocurrency
- entities raising from ICOs - tokens generated on balance sheets
- exchanges - how transactions might be recognised, getting pricing data
- miners and gas transactions - as clearing & settlement
- cryptoportfolio - whether you trade for your self or you're a fund manager
Some things we'll definitely cover:
• What different entities can I use to optimise my taxable income.
• What is the current legislation around bitcoin investment and trading and your tax obligations.
• How to make basic projections on your tax payable.
• When does the CGT discount apply.
• Trading crypto in everyday situations, and the differing tax impacts.
• The best tools out for managing crypto for tax purposes.
20 minutes will feature actual tax calculations step through, so bring your spreadsheets.
Bring your laptops along!
The we'll keep it open ended, and wander over to a whiteboard session depending on where the conversation goes. We might even begin to co-create something so it is ledger technology native.
Workshop run by Stuart Reynolds from Fullstack Advisory - http://www.fullstack.com.au
Stuart and Fullstack's mission is to help entrepreneurs achieve financial independence and create prosperous outcomes for the community.
NB: Normally 1-on-1 tax advice consultations cost $250 per hour with an accounting partner.
To help cover the costs of food/drink, please bring a donation. Recommended $20/$10 note if you can, or almost can, afford it. (no worries if you can't)
• Workshops are often recorded for educational purposes and to eventually put online. Attendance is taken as consent.
• PSA: Please be mindful of open source and open community etiquettes. (eg, attributing the source of works that you build upon, and not "stealing" another person's project/idea for commercial gains)
• Meet 10 minutes before the start at 16:50, in the lobby of 155 Clarence Street, Sydney
• If arriving later, please ping the BokkyPooBah's Ethereum Workshop Chat (https://t.me/joinchat/Ep-XOkwa_umKWXXRBGBVVQ) group and someone will come down to get you
• There will be some refreshments. Donations to cover expenses: $20 (those who can afford it), $10 (those who can almost afford it), $0 (those who really cannot afford it).
• The topic details for these workshops can change up to the last minute
• If you have successfully RSVPed or are on the waitlist, please review your RSVP status and cancel your RSVP/waitlist ASAP if you cannot make it to free up the spot for other people
• People from Tyro do not have to RSVP
Photo: Death & Taxes by the Visual Capitalist (https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/death-and-taxes.html)