Cambridge Book Club for Awesome, Amazing, Readers like YOUhttps://www.meetup.com/Book-Club-for-Heartbreaking-Geniuses-and-Those-Who-Love-Them/https://a248.e.akamai.net/secure.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/1/6/c/8/global_170645832.jpeg20121019
This is a group for all those who miss the pleasure of digging into a new book with the knowledge that on the other side of the cover they will have the opportunity for engaging conversation! Prepare yourself for some mid-brow chatter, snacks, and reading. We're aiming for one book a month, democratic voting selection, and wide array of subject matters probably heavily leaning towards fiction. Did I mention the snacks?
Here are a few useful tips for joining our discussions:
- You're welcome to join even if you haven't finished the book! Often people who haven't finished find the discussion a helpful motivator to finish things up. The one caveat is, be prepared for spoilers.
- You're welcome to join even if you're on the wait list. We certainly wouldn't want to turn anyone away.
- Newcomers are always welcome! We enjoy hearing new points of view and fresh perspectives.
- Typically we meet at the Democracy Center (45 Mt Auburn St., Cambridge MA) in the Rosa Parks room. The Rosa Parks room is on your right after you walk through the front door on Mt. Auburn St. The Democracy Center is a free, non-profit space that is very generously offering us its space, but doesn't have any food service. So you won't be able to order food or drinks, but feel free to bring your own! We'll also pass the hat for donations to the Democracy Center at the end - so if you could chip in a few bucks, that would be lovely.
- The group is volunteer-run and we definitely encourage members to step up and help out. If you are interested in leading a discussion, joining the organizers group, or organizing a one-off event (like a movie outing, trivia night, author event at a local bookstore, etc.) please get in touch! The more the merrier.