The Books and Booze Folsom book club is for anybody interested in reading books, meeting new people, enjoying a drink, having a good time, and expressing opinions. All books are welcome as are all people. Come join us for an intellectual discussion (or not!) on the book of the month.
Everybody has the ability to plan and schedule their own meetup if they want to. I only plan the monthly meetup as I do not have time to do more than that, so please feel free to schedule your own if you wish!
This page is not to be used for promotional events.
Heckle Alehouse - by Karens on opposite end of building
The Stephen King book for 2019 is Salem's Lot. One of his classic masterpieces. Be warned, it might be scary, because its 672 pages long. So make sure you are able to read or listen to it over the next month.
Oh yeah, it is about vampires. With fangs, no glitter.
UPCOMING BOOK INFO
1. Dubliners by James Joyce
From the voting list:
1. Ten Boxes: A Story of Stuff by Susan Fekete - LOCAL AUTHOR
2. The Last Samurai by Helen DeWitt
3. The Dreamers: A Novel by Karen Thompson Walker
4. Lost and Wanted: A novel by Nell Freudenberger
5. Light from Other Stars by Erika Swyler
6. The Warehouse: A Novel by Rob Hart
7. The Library Book by Susan Orlean
8. Beneath a Scarlet Sky: A Novel by Mark Sullivan
Sometime in 2019:
1. Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
2. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis
(http://a.co/d/hUI1uW1) | 291