This is a group for people 55+ or for anyone younger who finds our activities to be of interest.
The overall purpose may be the impossible dream: to form long-term friendships with people who share common ideas, interests and activities, to support each other as we age and retire, and to take steps to stay healthy and active.
Some of the ideas for fostering these friendships include:
* Walks and hikes
* Performing arts and movies
* Lectures/classes/informal discussions on making the most of retirement, not only financially but preparing for the big life change socially and personally
* Visit historic sites/local museums/parks in Santa Clara Valley and surrounding counties
* Bible study/discussions on life's big issues/Keeping abreast of scientific discoveries
* Day trips
* Possible weekend or longer trips far and wide
* Jigsaw puzzles, card games and conversation
* Volunteer projects
* Indoor exercise on rainy winter days or hot summer days
* Keeping each other informed of events of interest throughout Bay Area.
The library website says "Create a decorative tile coaster that will add some flair to your home! You’ll pick a center design and then define the outline with alcohol inks, a fast-drying transparent dye that is specially formulated to create a colorful, polished stone effect."
It's always fun to get together with others to try something new with the supplies all provided. These events fill up in advance so register NOW with the library; registration begins March 27 at 7:00 p.m. Please register with the library before signing up for the Meetup.