This is a group for people 55+ or for anyone younger who finds our activities to be of interest.
The overall purpose may be the impossible dream: to form long-term friendships with people who share common ideas, interests and activities, to support each other as we age and retire, and to take steps to stay healthy and active.
Some of the ideas for fostering these friendships include:
* Walks and hikes
* Performing arts and movies
* Lectures/classes/informal discussions on making the most of retirement, not only financially but preparing for the big life change socially and personally
* Visit historic sites/local museums/parks in Santa Clara Valley and surrounding counties
* Bible study/discussions on life's big issues/Keeping abreast of scientific discoveries
* Day trips
* Possible weekend or longer trips far and wide
* Jigsaw puzzles, card games and conversation
* Volunteer projects
* Indoor exercise on rainy winter days or hot summer days
* Keeping each other informed of events of interest throughout Bay Area.
Adult Craft Night: Paper Flowers
Learn how to create the Iceland poppy (Papaver nudicaule) from high quality European crepe paper.
Beginners are welcome, and all supplies are provided. Registration is required; spaces fill up fast.
REGISTRATION BEGINS MAY 29! Sign up right away, and please do not RSVP for this Meetup until you have registered with the library.
We will plan a walk or supper get-together beore the event for some social time.
Adult Craft Night is a space for grown-ups to relax, learn, and create. Ages 18 and older, please. We are not able to accommodate children.