Actors and Crews welcome!
Why come to this event:
• You have a film project that you’re excited about, you want to pitch it and recruit people to help get it done.
• You are ready to build your skills by working with fellow filmmakers and can’t wait to join a team!
• You want to make filmmaker friends
• It’s FREE. Duh.
Who should come to this event:
• If you have a film idea/project, and you are looking for collaboration
• If you are looking to join a film project
• If you are looking to get your feet wet
• If you are looking to network with other filmmakers and creatives
• 11:30 – 11:40: Meet and Great and Intro
• 11:40 – 1:00 : Pitches by idea leaders are given to the audience, and the audiences ask questions about your film project
• 1:00 – 1:30: Networking
IF YOU ARE PITCHING:
1) If you wish to pitch, we ask that you submit a short synopsis of the film and a list of crew positions/actors that you are looking to recruit to [masked] and CC to [masked]
2) There will be 10 submitted pitches in total, if you do not submit a synopsis and crew/actor list you may still pitch if time allows. Please see Sean or Christina before hand, and we will get you up to pitch.
3) The day after the pitch events, we will post a summary pdf of the pitches on our Facebook RoleHat Group. If you don't want your film to be posted on our site we will not post it.
4) If you can’t make the pitches but still want to pitch your film, sign up on the RoleHat Film Group and post it online!
For every pitch, please tell the audience:
• What is the film about? What genre is it? Be sure to describe your film idea in a way to make other filmmakers interested in working with you.
• What have you done for the production of your film? E.g. have a script written, have the locations ready, hired a DP, etc…
• What talent do you need to collaborate with? E.g. need co-writer, need one female actress and one male actor, need editors.
The process for each pitch is:
• 8 minutes: idea leaders pitch
• 4 minutes: audiences ask questions
We will be filming the pitches and taking pictures during the event. The photos and videos will be posted on social media – Facebook and Instagram – to give the pitchers further exposure.
All crafts are valuable in the filming world, whether you are an actor, writer, musician, editor, photographer or just looking to be a production assistant. All are welcome!
Any Questions: Contact both your organizers at Christina[masked] and Sean at (508)[masked] or email us at [masked] CC: [masked]