addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Boston Asian Professionals Meetup Group Message Board › FYI - Free Movie Screening for "Happy Flight" at Coolidge Corner T

FYI - Free Movie Screening for "Happy Flight" at Coolidge Corner Theatre

Steve
user 5132502
Group Organizer
Natick, MA
Post #: 13
There is a free screening of the Japanese movie "Happy Flight" on Wed. September 16th.

However, you must RSVP by Sept 10th for the free screening if you are interested. The movie will be screened at Coolidge Corner Theatre.

click on link to RSVP (plus 1 is allowed I believe) and for more details.

http://www.newyork-to...­
Trung
user 5815426
Worcester, MA
Post #: 4
Anyone want to go?

Also, I think the screening is on the 16th instead of 12th.
Steve
user 5132502
Group Organizer
Natick, MA
Post #: 14
Sorry, I had the wrong date down for the actual screening. I have since corrected that. It is on the 16th.
A former member
thinking about it. What is the movie about?
Steve
user 5132502
Group Organizer
Natick, MA
Post #: 15
hmm...not sure. I copied this from the link.

Director Shinobu Yaguchi brought feelings of laughter, tears, and exhilaration to audiences with his films about boys’ synchronized swimming (WATERBOYS) and girls’ high school big band jazz (SWING GIRLS). The theme of his latest film, HAPPY FLIGHT, is “airplanes” - of all things!

Yaguchi’s intent was to create a realistic, completely new film that oversees all corners of the aviation industry. Having ANA (All Nippon Airways) lend their Boeing 747 for filming and 500 staff members’ involvement, he created a wonderfully entertaining film chock-full of Yaguchi’s love and fascination of airplanes. The setting of the film takes place at an airport and on an airplane. A great variety of “aviation professionals” such as pilots, flight attendants, the ground crew, mechanics, dispatchers, controllers, and the bird patrol crew all support a single flight. They have only one mission: to secure the safety of the passengers. Today was supposed to be any other day on the job, departing on schedule and heading safely to Honolulu, but…Just like riding on a jumbo jet, please experience this movie as tremendously fun and exciting! Casts include Seiichi Tanabe (Memories of Tomorrow, Honey and Clover) and Haruka Ayase (Cyborg She, The Magic Hour, and Ichi). The film was produced by Altamira Pictures (”Shall we dance ?”). Now you really can’t miss it.

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE!

Celebrating this “Happy Flight” Boston screening, the pilot and the cabin attendant (actual ANA employees who are featured this film) are flying over from Japan!

A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks for the link. I just RSVP.
Lucy T.
user 8402828
Roslindale, MA
Hi there,
Sounds like an interesting movie. But sorry I'm closing the pharmacy that night. Enjoy!

Lucy Tran
Jade
user 8158429
Beitbridge, ZW
i RSVPed too... : )
Yuichi
user 10331781
Brighton, MA
Hello all,

I'm new to the meetup, but I've just RSVP'ed. The film sounds interesting.
Jade
user 8158429
Beitbridge, ZW
Post #: 6
hope we can all go as a group.... biggrin