addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Cultural Nomads Message Board › pre-event Meet up

pre-event Meet up

Luis C.
user 10917983
Cambridge, MA
Hello all,

Thank you for RSVPing to this exciting event!

For those who have never been to the Democracy Center, it's located a short walk from the Harvard Square T stop right on Mt Auburn Street next to the Daedulus Restaurant. While there is ample on street parking in the immediate area, it can be a challenge. Although tomorrow eve might be different due to the holiday weekend.

The Democracy Center is definitely a non-traditional performance venue as it's normally used for meetings, forums, movie screenings and some dance classes. We will be using the Nelson Mandela Room which is their biggest space. My thought on a pre-event meetup was to use the Rosa Parks Room and have an informal wine and cheese hangout.

I'll buy a couple bottles of wine and invite anyone to bring a bottle for the group. I'll also get other refreshments for those who don't drink alcohol and pick up some cheese and crackers.

I'll also have name tags for all meetup members. The event is also up on the Boston World Music Meetup Group so there will be a nice confluence of Meetup people as well as non Meetup folk who heard about the event via traditional avenues.

It should be a great evening for community as well as some great music!

I have to say that, as I am a presenter, I am limited to staying in the space to help the musicians as well as welcoming all newcomers. Hence, my suggestion to hold a reception in the space instead of meeting at an outside space. But people can also meet up at the Daedulus bar/restaurant beforehand if that is a preference for the group.

peace,

Luis
Beth F.
user 49231842
Boston, MA
Post #: 1
This Pre-event sounds great Luis! What time should we meet in the Rosa Parks room?
Looking forward to this evening :)
Beth