What we're about
Welcome to the photography meetup group for amateurs who want to discover the beauty of Boston and learn how to take better photos.
This group offers actual classes and workshops designed to help you become a better photographer regardless of your current level or camera equipment. I am a professional photography instructor with 20 years of experience in designing and teaching workshops. I design fun, challenging learning activities for each session that build skills in creative seeing, camera navigation, and photographers way of being. Much of what I teach, I learned while working at Polaroid Corporation for 15 years. My ideas about creativity, beauty, and photography offer a fresh perspective on photography. I take your photography seriously, but we have fun along the way.
Whether you have always called Boston home, or are just learning your way around, this photography group is a great way to discover the beauty of Boston. We are serious about having fun together. We will learn about Boston while honing our photography skills. And after class we always make time for socializing with food and drinks in the neighborhood we are exploring together.
If you've ever wanted to learn how to take better photos, but you don't want to get bogged down with all the technical stuff, then you're going to love this.
This meetup group is for you if:
• You own a camera (or smart phone with a camera) and you'd really like to use it more, but you're not really sure where to start and what to do.
• You would like to explore different neighborhoods in Boston like Chinatown, The North End, and Beacon Hill.
• You enjoy meeting likeminded people from different cultures who love photography.
• Maybe you've taken a photography workshop before or tried picking up one of those thick, boring books, but you quickly got overwhelmed and overloaded with the technical stuff.
• You don't intend on becoming a "master photographer", but you'd like to learn how to take better pictures of things you find interesting. That could be nature, people, landscape, architecture, etc. Whatever you feel drawn to.
And the best part? The techniques you'll learn will have an immediate impact on your photography. You'll see an instant improvement and you'll also have an opportunity to get positive and constructive feedback for your work in a supportive environment.
If that sounds good to you, then I invite you to join our group. You'll learn a lot, meet some warm and wonderful people, and have lots of fun while you improve your photography, your English, and your knowledge of Boston. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person soon.
You can get started learning some of the practices by exploring my award winning book.
Flow-tography Take Better Pictures.