545 Hillside Street, Milton, MA
BEFORE RSPVING, PLEASE READ BELOW AND BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE ‘RULES AND EXPECTATIONS’ LANGUAGE.
1. If you can drive to this event and take people with you, register here: http://www.supersaas.com/form/Ridj-it/Post_a_Ride
2. If you need a ride, go here and use promo code BostonOutdoors: http://www.supersaas.com/schedule/Ridj-it/Available_Rides
3. If you will not offer a ride or will get to the destination by yourself, please go to the following and use promo code “SELFMoosilauke” to pay $5. You will be promptly refunded the money after completion of the trip. We keep the money if you cancel within 24 hours.
4. An RSVP on Meetup is not a real RSVP. Using the rideshare calendar is the only list that will be counted towards your attendance. Disregard any waitlist you see on Meetup.
Blue Hills Skyline Trail is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Quincy, MA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and has great views of the Boston Skyline. This hike requires some rcok scrambling.
Difficulty: Moderate, this hike is rated as moderate because of the length and the small section that requires rock scrambling.
Total Elevation Gain/Loss: 3104 ft.
Total Milage: 12.7 if we decide to do the entire trail
Trail: Skyline Trail, Blue
Total Time: 4.5 hours or less depending on # of breaks.
Google Maps Link:
What to Bring:
The following are required to go hiking:
1. Good pair of hiking boots
2. Micro spikes - - Probally wont need microspike for this hike but it's always good to have them just in case.
3. Wool socks - We recommend Darn Tough socks for $20 as they have a lifetime guarantee (and when's the last time you ever head of getting a lifetime guarantee on socks?).
4. 2 - 3 liters of water.
5. Warm layers, including gloves and a hat.
The following are optional:
Trekking Poles (optional)
Food of your choice.