Sign up for this trip here: https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trips-search?id=26472
An RSVP on Meetup is not a real RSVP. You must register above.
Some of you dream about it… one hike to rule them all… (ok, only 3/48 of 4000 footers). For all those people who were trying to get galehead in winter, but got defeated by the mountain… Here’s the chance to take the revenge and eventually get 1 or 2 additional submits: THE TWINS in summer. One step closer to be badass!
These 3 summits belong to the pemi loop. South twin is the one that you need to put your energy! On its top awaits the view of Mt. Guyot, the Bonds and the Pemigewasset Wilderness.
This is a difficult hike. We will have several trails options according to the number of available car for our trip.
Option 1- at least 2 cars:
Ideally, we can make a loop starting from gale river trail to galehead summit (with no view). We will keep going on twinway toward south and north twins (with very nice view if no clouds). The difficult part will be the STEEP 0.9-mile before reaching south twin. We will then hike down on north twin trail. 13 miles with 3300 foot of elevation gain. Check da trail here.
Option 2- 1 car:
In and out either by galehead river trail (more gradual) or by north twin trail (a bit more strenuous) 15 miles with 3300 foot of elevation gain. Check da trail here.
-Fleece jacket. It can be chilly on the top. Winter hat if you want…
-Wind/rain proof jacket
-Hiking boot with proper ankle support no SNEAKER
-Extra pair of socks
-Bug spray, sun protection, sunglasses, cap
-Hiking poles if you like
FOOD, FOOD, FOOD…
At least 2-3 L of water.
What I expect from you:
- Previously hike several 4000 footers in the White Mountains
- Have a printed or GPS copy of the map, I’m not a guide
- I will GSA (gear security administration) as well!
- Pay attention to your co-hikers, if they need help, or getting tired…. Team work!
- After the effort, the comfort: have dinner/beer/laugh after the hike. If you are grumpy and complain a lot, I will kick you out of the car! Bahahahahaha!
- Pray for the BIG SUN on the day of our hike