What we're about
A group for local science communicators--people passionate about both science and art: illustrators, animators, photographers, filmmakers, writers, game designers, educators--we take many forms! Let’s get together to meet one another and share our passion and skills in this unique and exciting field combining both scientific knowledge and artistic creativity. All skill levels welcome, whether you are a professional, hobbyist, just starting out, or just interested in learning more.
Ideas for meetups include:
• Monthly meetups at local restaurants for socializing
• Attending local events related to science communication (e.g., museum exhibits, talks)
• Drawing/photography outings to local parks, the Harvard Natural History Museum, the aquarium, etc.
• Board game meetups to play science education related games
• Book discussions (e.g., Alan Alda's new book If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face?: My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating)
For more information about science visualization, some references include:
The Association of Medical Illustrators http://www.ami.org/
The Guild of Natural Science Illustrators https://gnsi.org/
BioCommunications Association http://www.bca.org/
Visualizing Biological Data https://vizbi.org/