A photography workshop and tour in Provence, France – how exciting! The sites will amaze you and you’ll remember the fragrant aromas from the South of France forever.
Join professional photographers Ron Lake and Loren Fisher June 30 to July 6, 2017 as we explore the beauty, history and fragrance of France’s Provence region, known worldwide for its amazing fields of lavender. We will be there at the peak time to photograph massive fields of lavender and go to little known locations that will fill your camera with color. Van Gogh, Cézanne and Matisse created masterpieces here and you will be inspired too. Ron has spent years photographing the area and will take us to places that few have the luxury of visiting. We will visit medieval towns with their quaint buildings and diverse markets, towering and colorful cliffs, stunning cathedrals, countless bucolic vistas and plains filled with lavender.
We take care of all the details, once you arrive in Nice, France, you don’t need to think about where to go, how to get there or where to stay during the eight days and seven nights we are in France. Just show up and be ready to have fun and make great images.
You will get professional photography instruction from experienced pros Loren Fisher and Ron Lake, who have helped photographers improve their images for years. Our group will be small so you will have plenty of time with each pro giving you advice on composition, angle and lens selection to help you get the best pictures possible not only while you are in Provence but long afterward. We will work with you as much as you want at every location.
We will start in Nice where we will get to know each other, have some photography instruction and visit the old town and the flower market. Then we head off to Provence and our first destination of Gordes and the famous Abbaye de Senanque and shoot the light on the Cliffs of Gordes itself. We will visit the Valensole Plain where lavender fields extend for miles. We’ll photograph quaint towns including Bonnieux, Lacoste, Forcalquier, Menerbes and and the famous Rousillion.
The full itinerary is below and you can see it is packed with tremendous locations with plenty of beautiful towns and countryside to photograph. While we want to see it all, we don’t want to wear anyone out. As photographers, we love the morning light so we will be out shooting at sunrise most days. We will take two to three hours breaks from shooting at mid-day, when the light isn’t as nice to catch a nap or refresh. Each day either Ron or Loren will be available during these mid-day breaks for image review or work with you on your photography. You will have time to explore on your own or stick with the group.
Early registration by March 1, 2016 is $3,679.
Regular Price: $4,179.
Former clients: $3,579.
Rates are net, per person, in U.S. dollars.
What is included:
• Eight days, lodging for seven nights (Double occupancy)
• Local transportation in France
• Workshop Adventure
• Two Pro Photographers / Guides
• Photo Walks
•Breakfast most mornings
•Small group size
•All hotels are at least 3 star with AC and magnificent swimming pools
•Professional photography instruction
What isn’t included:
• Travel to France
• Lunches and dinners
• Alcoholic drinks
• Non-meal time snacks and soft drinks
Who Should Attend
Anyone with an interest in France, beautiful landscape and historic towns – your photographic experience doesn’t matter. Most of our shooting locations will be in towns where some walking will be required. There won’t be long, strenuous hiking and we try to stay close to our vehicles, although you may want to wander through the towns.
Maximum group size: 8
(Subject to change)
Friday, June 30 – Arrival Day at Nice
– Evening group meal meet and greet at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 1 – Depart for Provence
– Early shoot at flower market and old town
– Depart morning for Provence heading toward our first Provencal destination Gordes and the famous Abbaye de Senanque
– Check in at Petit Palais d’Aglae in town of Gordes in the afternoon
– Stops en route at Fontaine de Vaucluse and a first look at the Abbaye then expolore the town of Gordes
Sunday, July 2 – Gordes
– Early shoot includes first light on cliffs of Gordes
– Then off to the Abbaye de Senanque and over to Isle Sur la Sorgue and the market town in the late afternoon for golden hour light on nearby sites
Monday, July 3 – Depart for the Valensole Plain
– Depart early for Forcalquier to the famous Valensole Plain with stop en route to Rustrel to see Le Colorado Provencal, the Cliffs of Color
– Photograph the Ochre Cliffs
– Lunch in Forcalquier and afternoon village shoot
– Check in at Le Bastille de St. Georges
– Sunset shoot of the Valensole Plain
Tuesday, July 4 – Valensole Plain
– Before sunrise departure for morning shoot to the Valensole Plain
– Later lunch in tiny Riez
– Evening shoot above Forcalquier of the Cathedral Notre Dame from golden hour into blue hour
Wednesday, July 5 – Optional early local shoot
– Mid morning departure for the Luberon range and the famous hill towns of Bonnieux and Lacoste where we will spend the next two days
– Stops en route in the little town of Ansouis then on to Menerbes and our final hotel Hostellerie Le Roy Soleil
Thursday, July 6 – Menerbes and the lower Luberon
– Early morning shoot in the famous Rousillion with its vermillion cliffs and ochre trails
– Full day of castles and fields of sunflowers and lavender
Friday, July 7 -Depart for Nice
For more information and to register for this workshop, go to http://lorenphotos.com/workshops/provence-france-photography-workshop-and-tour-2017/. Simply hitting the RSVP here on Meetup doesn't register you for the workshop.
There will attendees at the workshop who are not members of our meetup group.