Full moon and good weather predicted. For anyone who doesn't know the pedestrian paths through the neighborhood hills around Coolidge Corner, this will be an adventure. (Shortcuts were created long ago to navigate Brookline by foot. Trails of stone steps climb through neighborhoods on steep inclines to parks making Brookline one of the most scenic areas to explore on foot.)
The loop around the reservoir is a gravel path of 1 mile. The entire walk should take 2 hours and span about 4 to 5 miles.
We'll join Evening Walkers for this one.
"An amazing walk that starts in front of Panera Bread in Coolidge Corner and goes to the Brookline Reservoir. We will go around the reservoir and through beautiful neighborhoods, parks and pathways of stairs on the way and way back. The trip should last about 2 hours and will be a lot of fun."
You can park at Panera Bread. Or take the T.
T directions: Park St. Station to Coolidge Corner Station: Green Line C - Cleveland Circle, 21 mins, 10 stops, walk to Panera Bread about 2 mins
Please be early as we are not sure how long everyone will want to wait for latecomers. Use the bathroom at Panera before the walk.
One way is through Winthrop Path, Addington Path, Rawson Path to the Reservoir. This goes past Griggs Park and Schick Park.
First part of the walk to get to the main paths from Coolidge Corner.
Hope you can join us but if not, try this on your own. Here are the google directions:
Walking directions to Brookline Reservoir Park Via Marion Path, Griggs Terrace, Washington St - From 299 Harvard St Brookline, MA.
1. From Panera Bread on Harvard St cross over to Coolidge corner theater on your left
2. Walk a short distance Turn Left onto the Center Street Passageway to the municipal parking lot on Center Street.
3. Turn right onto Beacon St 164 ft
4. Turn left onto Park St 443 ft
5. Turn right onto Marion St 0.1 mi
6. Turn left onto Marion Path 322 ft
7. Turn right onto Griggs Terrace 472 ft
8. Turn right onto Griggs Rd 0.2 mi
9. Turn right onto Washington St 210 ft
8. Turn left onto Winthrop Path
Take the stairs 207 ft 0.8 mi – about 16 mins
9. Head south on Winthrop Path toward Winthrop Rd
Take the stairs 0.1 mi
10. Turn left onto Addington Path
Take the stairs 75 ft 0.1 mi – about 4 mins
11. Turn right onto Addington Rd 397 ft
12. Turn left onto Colbourne Path will be on the right 43 ft, about 3 mins
13. Head south on Colbourne Path toward Claflin Path 243 ft
14. Turn right onto Colbourne Crescent 92 ft
15. Turn left onto Rawson Rd 397 ft
16. Turn right onto Rawson Path
Take the stairs 194 ft, about 3 mins
17. Right onto Gardner Rd
18. Turn left onto Tappan St 407 ft
19. Slight right onto Blake Rd 312 ft
20. Continue straight onto Sumner Rd 0.2 mi (Cross Rt 9)
21. Continue onto Warren St 135 ft
22. You have reached Brookline Reservoir Park