addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Walking Meetup Group Message Board › changes to the Boston Walking Group

changes to the Boston Walking Group

Greg
user 2750937
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Many of you have found that by the time you saw a walk listed it was full. Part of the reason for that was a steady flow of new members. So to try and make the group better for existing members, I have made it private. This means that the public cannot view the calendar of events and no one can join without the secret code. I have also increased the number of walks to 3 a week.

I hope these changes will enable everyone who wants to walk to have the chance to rsvp. As always, please do not show up for an event if you have not rsvp'd. Also, if you have rsvp'd and know that you won't be going, please change your rsvp to make room for someone else.

I continue to look for new places to walk and explore, and any suggestions are always welcome. However, as time passes and I have developped a repertoire of walks, I will be copying walks. In some cases we will do the same walk but dine at a new restaurant.

When summer comes I will be wanting to spend time doing other activities and going away for the weekend sometimes. I am sure a lot of you will be doing the same! My plan is to post walks reagrdless of wether or not I will be participating. I may also post events for some other activities, such as canoeing on the Charles. However, the main focus will always be a regular schedule of walking events.

On that note, I would like to remind everyone of the May Long Weekend in Montreal event. So far I have 35 people who have said yes or maybe. The event is listed in a few places and there is no limit on this one. If you are considering coming along, please rsvp 'maybe'. This is very early still, but I would like to have all maybes siged up so I can communicate with you more easily as I develop the plans for the weekend.

Thank you to everyone who has joined us walking and helped make this Meetup such a success and so much fun!

Greg
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 37
Hi Greg,

I understand the flustration some must have if they want to walk and the walk if full. Have you thought of allowing others to post walks also, thru allowing more walks to happen?

dayhiker