|Sent on:||Friday, October 21, 2011 1:29 PM|
Local Candidates Only (MA) - No relocation - No Sponsorship
Software Vendor - mid-sized, very successful, profitable, and fast growing division of a $500m+ public company. Firm is the leader in providing energy and utility companies worldwide with analytics-based software solutions that unlocks the power of energy information.
Join a growing and successful firm that combines the excitement and energy of a start-up with the stability of a mid-sized public company. Be part of a team oriented, collaborative, dynamic, yet relaxed environment, and make a difference. Great Company - Lots of Upside and growth possibilities.
Reports to the Manager of QA
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
My client is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join their testing team to replace a recent promotion. The position requires a self-motivated individual with excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates are expected to plan, design, and execute functional and system testing for utility customer service applications.
Primary responsibilities for the Sr. QA Engineer include:
· Provide accurate estimates and status updates on QA deliverables such as test plans and test execution.
· Participate in the creation and upkeep of automated tests using Mercury Quick Test Professional.
· Lead QA efforts related to new customer implementations and work closely with Project Managers to validate our hosted products.
· Provide regular updates on the status of implementations, open issues and potential risks.
· Submit bugs that are easy to reproduce and understand and verify fixes in a timely manner.
· Performs functional, system, regression and performance tests as needed.
· Effectively communicate with remote and local team members.
· Review product requirements, functional specs, and design specifications to create comprehensive test cases.
· Communicate project risks as soon as possible and offer viable mitigation strategies.
· Participate in the creation and upkeep of a "clean room" QA test environment using virtualization software.
· Write solid test plans and also act as reviewer for other QA engineers.
· Work with the support organization to quickly resolve customer issues.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 5+ year's prior experience in Quality Assurance.
· Familiarity with QA methodologies.
· Previous experience with performance and load testing a plus
· Experience working with web applications
· Intermediate understanding of SQL and relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
· Advanced experience working in a Microsoft Windows environment
· Advanced organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, team and people skills.
· Ability to independently determine and develop approaches to complex problems
· Ability to work both independently and as a cross-functional team member.
· Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
· Previous experience working with automated testing tools.
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Experience in the energy or utilities sector is a plus, or at a minimum, experience with some type of commercial software firm or Internet firm with customer facing portals/web applications.
· Experience in .Net environments a plus.
· Computer Science or BS/BA degree.
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates - Phone - (508) [masked]