addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Traders Meetup to Teach/Learn Trading Strategies Message Board › Non Dealing Desk Brokers vs. Dealing Desk Brokers

Non Dealing Desk Brokers vs. Dealing Desk Brokers

A former member
Post #: 5
I started with a dealing desk broker but I'm thinking of switching to non dealing desk. Anyone have any suggestions or experience they'd like to share?
A former member
Post #: 6
Decidedly non-dealing desk brokers are a better alternative for serious investors. However, NDD brokers are much more dependent on their liquidity providers. This means that your trade may or may NOT be executed at the time that you request it. This can be really BAD if you are a day trader. If you trade weekly charts, this may not affect you; but personally I trade intraday and can't afford a large delay in the execution of my orders.
A former member
Post #: 6
Decidedly non-dealing desk brokers are a better alternative for serious investors. However, NDD brokers are much more dependent on their liquidity providers. This means that your trade may or may NOT be executed at the time that you request it. This can be really BAD if you are a day trader. If you trade weekly charts, this may not affect you; but personally I trade intraday and can't afford a large delay in the execution of my orders.

I use the instant execution orders for my trades. Seldom do I use limit orders. Do you think I would still be affected?

Also I want to learn MT4 programming, any online sources you can refer me to?
A former member
Post #: 7
I use the instant execution orders for my trades. Seldom do I use limit orders. Do you think I would still be affected?

Your broker holds all the keys...so you may (or may not) be affected by broker response.

Also I want to learn MT4 programming, any online sources you can refer me to?

Best place to start is: http://www.mql4.com.­ Read through the book; look at the code-base. That's the quickest way to learn. It's definitely beneficial since you can setup alerts for your manual system or automate it completely.