addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Volunteers Message Board › What's new...

What's new...

Josh
user 4450243
Group Organizer
Brookline, MA
Post #: 3
Hello, Thank you for joining. People are joining in droves. It makes me very happy. :)

I wanted to get our message board going. One of my goals is for you to utilize our group as a means of meeting other people with similar interests. Therefore our board can help with that.

My other goal is to elucidate volunteering opportunities from different groups throughtout Boston. As such, if you have or know of any great volunteering opportunities please feel free to share on our board.

I will start...

This is a creative one: http://www.bostoncare...­

Thank you,
Josh
A former member
Post #: 1
This website you posted looks great, especially since it will cater to groups. I think it would be a lot of fun to be able to volunteer for so many different organizations. I'd be very interested to do some of these projects especially if other people are too, it would be a great way for the group to get to know each other.

Josh
user 4450243
Group Organizer
Brookline, MA
Post #: 7
This website you posted looks great, especially since it will cater to groups. I think it would be a lot of fun to be able to volunteer for so many different organizations. I'd be very interested to do some of these projects especially if other people are too, it would be a great way for the group to get to know each other.

Thank you for the great compliment Natalie. :)
Greg
user 8987157
Concord, MA
Post #: 9
Hey all, I hope everyone is well. Last year I organized groups to participate in several City Year Volunteer Force events, and am hoping to do the same this year. I emailed City Year Boston about the upcoming 2009-2010 Volunteer Force event schedule, so once I hear back from them I will probably post all the events to our calendar. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested!

Cheers,
Greg
Erin
user 10385682
Brighton, MA
Post #: 6
Hi Greg,
I actually am volunteering for City Year in their City Heroes program so I can definitely be in touch with some great volunteer opportunities through them.
Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 1,529
I do most of my volunteering in the Braintree area, which is T accessible (and I live around the corner from it so I can pick people up). If anyone is interested in some volunteering in the Braintree (south shore) area then I can certainly help out with that as I am involved with a bunch of non-profits and volunteering efforts. If anyone lives in the area drop me an email and we can volunteer together sometime!
A former member
Post #: 1
I am not on facebook, so is it possible for you to post some of the information on upcoming volunteer opportunities on the meetup group's page as well as facebook? Thanks.