addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Volunteers Message Board › Who else wants to help Habitat once a month?

Who else wants to help Habitat once a month?

Josh
user 4450243
Group Organizer
Brookline, MA
Post #: 5
Hi Josh:

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic response!

Not too many program can use 50 volunteers at once. Wow!

Habitat is building shelving in our warehouse sometime in March. We will need a group to move the boxes of books out so the shelving can be installed and another group to help us move back in and organize once the shelving is in. It's not the most glamorous volunteer opportunity, but it would be a huge help. (The installation date has not been scheduled yet, however. We expect Habitat to take only one day, but the move in and out could be done on different days, and probably on the weekend. No more than 20 people would be needed for this and it should take three to four hours.)

If you had a small group (or subgroup) that wanted to come in once a month on a Saturday afternoon and help us sort books that would be terrific.

Since you have such a large group, maybe you'd be interested in doing a multi-site Book Drive for us where you could involve more of your members?

Best,
Andrea

The Morin Foundation and Project Library
A 501 (c)(3) charitable organization
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Josh,

Sure, this sounds great, especially for our large group! Theresa
A former member
Post #: 6
I'd be interested in this. Is it T-accessible?
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd be happy to help as well.
stacy
user 4230002
Allston, MA
Thanks for your enthusiasm everyone!!

I don't have a date yet, but should have one shortly -- so keep your eyes out for that.

The location itself will not be on the T, but we will meet somewhere T-accessible and can carpool together.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm!! I'm glad others are as excited about this, as Josh and I are!

Stacy

Josh
user 4450243
Group Organizer
Brookline, MA
Post #: 9
Hi Stacy,

Thank you for leading our Habitat branch. As soon as you have a date please post it on our calendar. Let's organize our first Habitat event for early March. Thank you again for keeping us updated.

Josh
Greg
user 8987157
Concord, MA
I'm interested! Carpooling is definitely a good idea.
A former member
Post #: 69
I would need to carpool, too. If we're doing T-accessible, somewhere near downtown crossing is probably best, since all different colors meet up around there, or at least are walking-distance from it.
A former member
I'd like to help, too, and I can drive.
Josh
user 4450243
Group Organizer
Brookline, MA
Post #: 47
Hi,

We have incredible interest in a monthly habitat event. I can use help organizing it. Can you help?

Thank you in advance,
Josh

P.S. Please contact me directly. Thank you again and we have a ton of interest!