Free event! Come learn about 6 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and use the #BNT36 hashtag in social media posts: details here (http://bit.ly/promotebnt).
Foley Hoag LLP (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag) - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please click here (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz) to visit our website for technology entrepreneurs. www.FoleyHoag.com (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz)[masked]
MassHack Hackathons (http://bit.ly/1icTsXP) are all about innovation. Innovation fuels the economy and helps solve some of the day’s greatest challenges. We need more innovation and to help drive this we are creating one of the largest crowd-funded and crowd-sourced programs – the Massachusetts Hackathon 2014 (1/30 to 2/1). Developed to bring competitive teams of one-to-four developers into a structured 48-hour applications development environment, MassHack 2014 brings the best of the Left Coast’s hackathons, together with the venture capital and academic communities of the Right Coast. Join a Hackathon team, attend the Expo & Workshop, or become a Sponsor or Exhibitor! Get info at www.MassHack.com (http://bit.ly/1icTsXP) and Register by 12/31 using our link for 50% off (http://bit.ly/19mAcQI)! (discount code: BNT36)
Products / Presenters:
1. TicketZen (http://www.TicketZen.com) / @TicketZen (http://twitter.com/TicketZen) - The easiest way to pay your parking ticket. (Cort Johnson / @Cortlandt (http://twitter.com/Cortlandt)) Tech: RubyMotion, iOS, Android, Rails. http://www.TicketZen.com
2. OneTimeBox (http://www.OneTimeBox.org) - Create temporary live web folders. (Oliver Song) Tech: Meteor.js, Filepicker.io. http://www.OneTimeBox.org
3. Quantopian (http://www.Quantopian.com) / @Quantopian (http://twitter.com/Quantopian) - The first web-based algorithmic trading platform. (Rich Frank) Tech: Python, Ruby / Rails, CoffeeScript, MongoDB. http://www.Quantopian.com
4. Logentries (http://www.Logentries.com) / @Logentries (http://twitter.com/Logentries) - Actionable insights from log data generated from development to deployment. (Jeff Wharton / @JeffreyWharton (http://twitter.com/JeffreyWharton)) http://www.Logentries.com
5. FirehoseOnline (http://www.FirehoseOnline.com) / @FirehoseWeekend (http://twitter.com/FirehoseWeekend) - Teaches you everything you need to know to become a web developer in a single weekend! (Ken Mazaika / @KenMazaika (http://twitter.com/KenMazaika)) Tech: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, PostgreSQL. http://www.FirehoseOnline.com
6. Flytenow (http://www.Flytenow.com) / @Flytenow (http://twitter.com/Flytenow) - Connects private pilots with enthusiasts, making your dream of flying become reality. (Alan Guichard) Tech: Java, Spring, Angular, Bootstrap. http://www.Flytenow.com
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with pizza and beverages
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 8:20 - Presentations, Q&A
8:20 to 9:00 - Networking
9:00 - More networking over drinks across the street, at The Whiskey Priest (https://plus.google.com/114424780945587399083/about), 150 Northern Ave. (at Seaport Blvd.), Boston, MA. (optional)
Directions & Parking:
Foley Hoag is in the Seaport West building, right next to the MBTA Silver line World Trade Center Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=25092). Walk 1 block north on World Trade Center Ave and you will see the building on your left. You can also walk there in 15 minutes from the MBTA Red line South Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=14435).
Use this Google Map (https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26f%3Dd%26daddr%3DFoley%2BHoag%2BLLP,%2B155%2BSeaport%2BBlvd,%2BBoston,%2BMA%2B02210%26geocode%3DCZyPbW7oCbXSFWU1hgIdWfjD-yG1hpFfpE6UFg%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den). There are parking meters along Congress St, Seaport Blvd, E Service Rd and Boston Wharf Rd and two open-air parking lots just east of the building (along E Service Rd), which charge $14-15 for the evening.