Free event! Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Questions & Answers. Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and use the #BNT44 hashtag in social media posts: details here (http://bit.ly/promotebnt).
Foley Hoag LLP (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag) - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please click here (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz) to visit our website for technology entrepreneurs. www.FoleyHoag.com (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz)[masked]
IBM Innovation Center (http://ibm.co/1rebeQZ) - At the IBM Innovation Center we can help you build, market and sell your solutions with our online, remote, and face-to-face training and assistance. Use our center to port and test solutions, close deals with your clients, and collaborate with IBM, Business Partners, academic leaders, IT professionals and entrepreneurs. We are co-located at 1 Rogers Street with the IBM Interactive, Research and the Technical Exploration Center teams. www.ibm.com (http://ibm.co/1oWR6PR)
American Patent Agency (http://bit.ly/1ypqo4S) - American Patent Agency (APA) is an intellectual property firm that turns your ideas and inventions into patents. APA specializes in getting patents issued quickly, for a fixed cost.
APA is offering 25% off the first patent to the first 5 new clients from Boston New Tech Meetup. APA is also offering a bonus for client referrals, contact APA for further details. Contact us at [masked] or www.americanpatentagency.com
Products / Presenters:
1. ecovent (http://bit.ly/1u0J8a6) / @ecoventSystems (http://www.twitter.com/ecoventSystems) - Makes home heating and cooling smarter. We design wireless vents and sensors that make homes much more comfortable and efficient. (Dipul Patel / @DipulP (http://www.twitter.com/DipuLP)) Tech: Sensors, Wireless, Embedded, Data Science. ecoventsystems.com (http://bit.ly/1u0J8a6)
2. Energy Harvesters LLC (http://bit.ly/1ttXaUd)/ @EHarvesters (http://www.twitter.com/EHarvesters) - Commercializing a personal electronics mobile power source called the Walking Charger™. The Walking Charger allows users to charge the batteries in their mobile electronics devices anytime, anywhere – just by walking. (Sherry Handel / @SherryHandel (http://www.twitter.com/SherryHandel)) Tech: Linear Faraday generators and foot powered hydraulics. www.energyharvesters.com (http://bit.ly/1ttXaUd)
3. UberSimple (http://bit.ly/XpZ62Q) / @ubersimple (http://www.twitter.com/ubersimple) - Software company that creates tools for event organizers and networking professionals. We are the creators of the World's Fastest Check In System & AppPack DBC. The only Digital Business Card that lets you share apps and people". (Lucky Henry). www.ubersimple.com (http://bit.ly/XpZ62Q)
4. Voiceitt (http://bit.ly/VAIWCy) / @Voice_ITT (http://www.twitter.com/Voice_ITT) - A voice to voice solution for people with speech disabilities that translate blurred speech to understandable speech. (Danny Weissberg / @danny_weissberg (http://www.twitter.com/danny_weissberg). Tech: Android. www.talkitt.com (http://bit.ly/VAIWCy)
5. Akselos (http://bit.ly/Ue4nRE) - Provides innovative cloud-based software for engineering simulations. (David Knezevic) Tech: Python, C++, OpenGL, WebGL, Google Compute Engine. www.akselos.com (http://bit.ly/Ue4nRE)
6. Vsnap 2.0 (http://bit.ly/1qLleBQ) / @Vsnap (http://www.twitter.com/Vsnap) - Folks in Sales & Support grow revenues by using Vsnap to send quick warm trackable video messages. (Dave McLaughlin / @davemacboston (http://www.twitter.com/davemacboston)) Tech: Angular, Node, AWS. www.vsnap.com (http://bit.ly/1qLleBQ)
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with dinner and beverages (Second Floor)
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements (Auditorium)
7:10 to 8:20 - Presentations, Questions & Answers (Auditorium)
8:20 to 9:00 - Networking (Auditorium)
Directions & Parking:
Lechmere Station (Green Line): Located .4 miles from center which is an 8 minute walk.
Kendall Square (Red Line): Located .8 miles from the center which is a 15 minute walk. The Cambridgeside Galleria Shuttle to and from Kendall Square runs every 20 minutes from 9AM to 8PM Monday through Sunday.
IBM Innovation Center is located at 1 Rogers Street Cambridge, MA on the 2nd floor which is a U shaped building positioned between Edwin H. Land Blvd and 1st Street. The sign on the front of the building states "Charles Park" which can sometimes confuse guests.
Parking is located across the street at the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall located at 100 Cambridgeside Place. We can validate guest parking for a discounted rate if they are parked for longer than 5 hours (price drops from $20 to $11).