Free event! Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and use the #BNT56 hashtag in social media posts: details here (http://bit.ly/promotebnt).
Foley Hoag LLP (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag) - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please click here (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz) to visit our website for technology entrepreneurs. Follow @FoleyHoag (http://twitter.com/FoleyHoag) and like them on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/foleyhoag). www.FoleyHoag.com (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz)[masked]
Microsoft New England (http://bit.ly/UzIrRv) - The Microsoft New England Research & Development Center (NERD) is a key part of a long term strategic investment by Microsoft to build a world class center for research and innovation right in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts. Follow @MSNewEngland (http://twitter.com/MSNewEngland) and join them on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MicrosoftNewEngland). www.microsoftcambridge.com (http://bit.ly/UzIrRv)
Products & Presenters:
1. QuikForce (http://bit.ly/1Fxh9bj) / @quikforcemovers (http://www.twitter.com/quikforcemovers) - QuikForce makes moving simple. We provide on-demand professional moving services. (Desmond Lim / @mynameisdesmond (http://www.twitter.com/mynameisdesmond)) Tech: iOS. quikforce.com (http://bit.ly/1Fxh9bj)
2. Ninja Outreach (http://bit.ly/1KXkpMX) / @ninjaoutreach (http://www.twitter.com/ninjaoutreach) - Influencer Marketing Software (Dave Schneider / @selfmadebm (http://www.twitter.com/selfmadebm)) Tech: .NET. www.ninjaoutreach.com (http://bit.ly/1KXkpMX)
3. Scope (http://bit.ly/1f1Dy4M) / @JoinScope (http://www.twitter.com/JoinScope) - First ever legitimate ranking of global attractiveness. (Bill Ference / @BillFerence (http://www.twitter.com/BillFerence)) Tech: iOS. www.scope.pics (http://bit.ly/1PiwjlA)
4. Callred (http://bit.ly/1OZsd1u) / @AndrewCPKelley (http://www.twitter.com/AndrewCPKelley) - CallRed is making technology easier, more automated and more secure. (Andrew Kelley) www.CallRed.com (http://www.callred.com/)
5. ReferralMob (http://bit.ly/1f1Dy4M) / @ReferralMob (http://www.twitter.com/ReferralMob) - Refer friends to jobs and you both get paid. (Joseph Schwendt / @jschwendt (http://www.twitter.com/jschwendt)) Tech: iOS & responsive web application. www.referralmob.com (http://bit.ly/1f1Dy4M)
6. Ruxit (http://bit.ly/1gUFyhf) / @ruxit (http://www.twitter.com/ruxit) - An application monitoring tool that provides answers, not just data (Wayne Segar) Tech: Java, Cassanadra. www.ruxit.com (http://bit.ly/1gUFyhf)
7. PAVLOK (http://bit.ly/1DZgAY5) / @pavlok (http://www.twitter.com/pavlok) - Wearable device that will help you break any bad habit using mild electric shock. (Maneesh Sethi) www.pavlok.com (http://bit.ly/1DZgAY5)
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with dinner and drinks
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 8:30 - Presentations, Q&A
8:30 to 9:00 - More Networking
Directions & Parking:
Microsoft's building has a parking garage in the basement, which is $10 after 4 PM. MIT offers FREE parking in any non-gated lot (http://web.mit.edu/facilities/transportation/parking/locations.html) on campus after 5 PM. MIT's Hayward St Lot (http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=P5&Parking=go) is the closest (park in the white spaces, not the yellow). Memorial Drive has free parking, but the spaces in front of NERD have a 1 hour limit. Other area streets have metered parking.
Public Transportation: Microsoft NERD is a 5 minute walk from the Kendall Square MBTA station (http://bit.ly/YElwIk) on the Red Line.
Get directions & more info here (http://microsoftcambridge.com/About/Directions/tabid/89/Default.aspx).
Upon arrival, you must show a government issued, photo ID to Security and sign the attendee roster at their desk. Take an elevator to the 1st floor. Then, visit our check-in desk to type in your last name to print your name tag. We'll be in the kitchen and hallway area outside the Horace Mann room (to your left).