Free event! Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Prithvi and Erica from Foley Hoag LLP will spend a couple minutes answering and discussing the question: “Why is it important for tech startups to create an entity and when does it make the most sense for founders to set up their entity?"
Please click here to share/tweet our event with your network. (http://ctt.ec/ffelf)
Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and use the #BNT69 hashtag in social media posts. We'll retweet you! Details here (http://bit.ly/promotebnt)
Brought to you by:
Foley Hoag LLP (http://bit.ly/BNTHoag) - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please click here (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz) to visit our website for technology entrepreneurs. www.FoleyHoag.com (http://bit.ly/1bNCJcz)[masked]
Should you study for an MBA? Meet us at The QS World MBA Tour in Boston (http://bit.ly/2b8LqQU) on 9/29! Meet face-to-face with admissions directors from a range of top business schools. This event is a one-stop shop for all of your MBA needs – it will provide you with a platform where you can network with admissions directors, get advice from experts and discover the best MBA option for you. Boston New Technology members gain exclusive free entry (saving $15). Just quote ‘Meetup’ at the entry of the event. Attendees are eligible to apply for exclusive MBA scholarships worth $1.7M. Thursday, September 29th, 4:30 - 9:00 pm at Back Bay Events Center, Boston, MA. Register for Free Today! (http://bit.ly/2b8LqQU)
Mobinett Interactive (http://bit.ly/16iJQkR) builds engaging mobile and web products! Over 5 years, Mobinett has partnered with early stage and growing organizations, to bring 60+ awesome mobile and web apps to life. Their experts in strategy, user experience, design and development, focus on each client’s specific goals and needs to deliver quality, scalable, end-to-end custom solutions on all major platforms! www.Mobinett.com (http://bit.ly/16iJQkR) / [masked] /[masked]
Starry, a Boston- and New York-based startup, is reimagining what it means to be an internet service provider. They’re making connectivity fast, easy and affordable through an innovative new internet service and a line of user-centric WiFi products. Their first product, Starry Station (http://bit.ly/2bMOd5j), is a touchscreen router that makes high-performance WiFi easy to use and understand. Learn more at www.Starry.com (http://bit.ly/2bMOd5j) and follow @StarryInternet (http://bit.ly/2chV5G9).
Products & Presenters:
1. Starry Station (http://bit.ly/2bMOd5j) / @StarryInternet (http://bit.ly/2chV5G9) - Meet the touchscreen router that will put an end to your WiFi woes! (Alex Moullé-Berteaux / @MoulleB (http://bit.ly/2bTqXkW)) Tech: Android. www.Starry.com (http://bit.ly/2bMOd5j)
2. tripBuddy (http://bit.ly/2c9ykqv) / @ThetripBuddyApp (http://bit.ly/2ccN8D4) - Going somewhere around campus? Tag along with a tripBuddy! (Tawheed Abdul-Raheem) www.ThetripBuddyApp.com (http://bit.ly/2c9ykqv)
3. Riipen (http://bit.ly/2bTfpfR) / @Riipen (http://bit.ly/2bK4gNU) - Bridging the gap between academia and the job market! (Chris Nichols) www.Riipen.com (http://bit.ly/2bTfpfR)
4. AttractionSuite (http://bit.ly/2bXSuQQ) - Online and in-house reservation & operation solution for the attractions industry! (Tanni Kuo, Ph.D) Tech: Java. www.AttractionSuite.com (http://bit.ly/2bXSuQQ)
5. ToonCrier (http://bit.ly/2c5zzE0) / @ToonCrierApp (http://bit.ly/2c8OQGg) - Express Your True Political Self anonymously. Share creative and powerful ideas! (Chris Sowa / @Sowa_Innovate (http://bit.ly/2bWsKXG)) Tech: AngularJS, Open CV, Unity, iOS, PHP. www.ToonCrier.com (http://bit.ly/2c5zzE0)
7. INFINITE STORES (http://bit.ly/2bXPTqk) - Virtual Reality shopping for anyone who likes to shop, built by Etsy sellers! (Scott Evernden / @yay3d (http://bit.ly/2bXQcRY)) Tech: Unity3D, webgl, Drupal. www.InfiniteStores.com (http://bit.ly/2bXPTqk)
8. Apply to present your startup here: http://bit.ly/BNTform
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with dinner
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 7:15 - “Why is it important for tech startups to create an entity and when does it make the most sense for founders to set up their entity?” with Foley Hoag LLP's Prithvi Tanwar and Erica Rice.
7:15 to 8:30 - Startup Presentations, Q&A
8:30 to 9:00 - More Networking
9:00 - More networking over drinks across the street, at The Whiskey Priest (https://plus.google.com/114424780945587399083/about), 150 Northern Ave. (at Seaport Blvd.), Boston, MA. (optional)
Directions & Parking:
Foley Hoag is in the Seaport West building (155 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA - main entrance is on B Street). Please bring identification and check in at our desk in the lobby. Type the first few letters of your first or last name on the screen and once you see your name appear, tap on it to print your name tag. You'll also receive an access card to enter. Take an elevator to the 13th floor. Enter the glass doors and walk down the hall to your right. The coat closet and restrooms will be on your right, before you reach the meeting space.
Foley Hoag is in the Seaport West building, right next to the MBTA Silver line World Trade Center Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=25092). Walk 1 block north on World Trade Center Ave and you will see the building on your left. You can also walk there in 15 minutes from the MBTA Red line South Station (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=14435).
Use this Google Map (https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26f%3Dd%26daddr%3DFoley%2BHoag%2BLLP,%2B155%2BSeaport%2BBlvd,%2BBoston,%2BMA%2B02210%26geocode%3DCZyPbW7oCbXSFWU1hgIdWfjD-yG1hpFfpE6UFg%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den). There are parking meters along Congress St, Seaport Blvd, E Service Rd and Boston Wharf Rd and two open-air parking lots just east of the building (along E Service Rd), which charge $14-15 for the evening.
To get first notice of our events as well as awesome opportunities and resources via email once per week, make sure you are subscribed to Announcements from BNT under My Profile->Notifications.