Free event! June meeting of the Boston New Tech Meetup - 18th edition!
Come learn about 6 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech (http://twitter.com/BostonNewTech/) and use the #BNT18 hashtag in social media posts: details here (http://bit.ly/promotebnt).
Products & Presenters:
1. Impossible Software (http://impossiblesoftware.com) / @VideoDynamic (http://twitter.com/VideoDynamic) - Scaled-out server-based real-time video customization & streaming. (Dan Greenberg)
2. E la Carte Presto (http://www.elacarte.com) / @elacarte (http://twitter.com/elacarte) - Restaurant tablets let guests order and pay from their table on their own time. (Matthew Goldstein / @austein (http://twitter.com/austein))
3. Apptegic (http://www.apptegic.com) / @Apptegic (http://twitter.com/Apptegic) - Measure, score and respond to each customer's engagement with your online business. (Karl Wirth / @wirthkarl (http://twitter.com/wirthkarl))
4. EParking (http://www.thememedesign.com) - Social network mobile app lets users trade parking spots in cities. (Kostas Terzidis / @imkostas (http://twitter.com/imkostas))
5. eHighlighter (http://ehighlighter.com) / @eHighlighter (http://twitter.com/eHighlighter) - The fastest, most convenient way to take notes while reading hardcopy books (Parker Holcomb / @parkerholcomb (http://twitter.com/parkerholcomb))
6:00 - Setup time for presenters in Horace Mann room
6:30 to 7:30 - Networking & Dinner: Pizza provided by the the Law Offices of Patent Attorney William Mansfield and beverages provided by Microsoft New England
7:30 - Presentations, Q&A in Horace Mann room
9:00 - (Optional) Gather at Champions (http://g.co/maps/rjvvk) for drinks and more networking
Directions & Parking:
Microsoft's building has a parking garage in the basement, which is $10 after 4 PM. MIT offers FREE parking in any non-gated lot (http://web.mit.edu/facilities/transportation/parking/locations.html) on campus after 5 PM. MIT's Hayward St Lot (http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=P5&Parking=go) is the closest (park in the white spaces, not the yellow). Memorial Drive has free parking, but the spaces in front of NERD have a 1 hour limit. Other area streets have metered parking.
Public Transportation: Microsoft NERD is a 5 minute walk from the Kendall Square MBTA station on the Red Line.
Get directions & more info here (http://microsoftcambridge.com/About/Directions/tabid/89/Default.aspx).
Protect your passion with the Law Offices of Patent Attorney William Mansfield (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/william-a-m-mansfield-esq/3/86a/ab9) - Patent Attorney William Mansfield focuses on startups. He is a member of USPTO, MA, & NY Bar Associations & Boston, Massachusetts, American Bar Associations & Boston Patent Law, American Intellectual Property Law, & International Trademark Associations. He has done legal work since 2004 & since 2009 has done startup work. He is familiar with company formation & IP & licensing & associated contracts. He has a Trinity College degree & a J.D. from Western New England University School of Law. Follow @PatentMansfield (http://twitter.com/PatentMansfield). http://ow.ly/bmCiw
Maureen Mansfield (http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=2547706), ALM, Marketing Works, LLC, is a Business Development, Corporate Development, and Strategy Professional for companies ranging from startups to The Fortune 100. She is a co-founder of www.iTourNow.com (http://www.itournow.com/) for group travel packages and helps The Law Offices of Patent Attorney William A.M. Mansfield make corporate, intellectual property, and patent law accessible and affordable to entrepreneurs and early stage companies to "protect passions." Maureen performs on alto saxophone. Follow @MaureenManALM (http://twitter.com/MaureenManALM). http://ow.ly/brbmr
Meeting space has been graciously provided by:
Microsoft New England (http://microsoftcambridge.com/) - The Microsoft New England Research & Development Center (NERD) is a key part of a long term strategic investment by Microsoft to build a world class center for research and innovation right in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts. Follow @MSNewEngland (http://twitter.com/MSNewEngland). www.microsoftcambridge.com (http://microsoftcambridge.com/)