Eros + The Body with Alicia Patterson: Explorations of intimacy, bonding, relationship, touch boundaries.
Eros Dance is for you if :
- you're willing to move in space with yourself, in the midst of others moving with themselves, while the content of intimacy & sexuality is spoken to
-this is free form dance , there is guidance and cues provided throughout the whole time but no "choreography", this is about you and your internal world
Eros + The Body WORKSHOP is for you if you're curious about:
- What does giving and receiving mean to you? Do you know what both feel like? Do you want to? Do you know what feeds and nourishes you and where your challenges are?
- When someone touches you, is it for you or for them? What do both feel like? How does that matter?
- When you touch someone, are you giving to them or are you benefitting? Do they feel different? How do you know? What happens when both are going on?
- Clothed, experiential, agreement related explorations of embodiment practice and touch
- Starting where you are whether you're brand new or experienced in these realms
- Learning about your and respecting others' boundaries
- Learn the Wheel of Consent (a model by Betty Martin) which introduces the 4 quadrants of touch
** While there will be options to explore touch, it is never required and you are free to witness and say no to any experiential, we need those who have a good "no" just as much as those who have a "yes", you are important!
- your exploration of sexuality / intimacy feels exciting or so scary you know you need support
- you know there is more meaning available in relationships & sex but don't know how to find it
There are Multiple different forms of events !
- Eros Dance: movement / jam nights once per month (the First Wednesday of each month
- Eros + The Body Workshops: once per season, one time workshops
- Once you've met Alicia, inquire into a closed group (groups that meet on a weekly basis for deeper exploration, contact Alicia if you're interested)
- individual sessions with Alicia for psychotherapy, dance movement therapy, yoga, and / or embodiment if you're not yet ready for group work
For more information, visit alicianpatterson.com and explore the options!
Intention: Everything we do in life is sexual, because we are living in our bodies. Our lives come with these sexual aspects of our body. This workshop invites the whole self and helps us to integrate any pieces of life & ourselves that have been cast off or rejected by society, our families, partners, lineage, culture, media, etc. Where does the erotic live in you? This is a practice with the chance to deepen like any other practice.
Inclusivity: These events are held in an inclusive container with the explicit intention to be open and welcoming to you and any person, no matter how you and they identify and what appearances and assumptions lend us to believe. Please know you can show up with your fullness and you will be held in your chosen expression. Please write to Alicia at email@example.com with questions / concerns / discussion etc.
Alicia Patterson, MA, R-DMT, CYT is a Somatic Psychotherapist, trained in Dance Movement therapy and Body Psychotherapy. She has been working with groups and movement for 7 years and thrives on the group field. She sees private clients in Boulder & Denver. She teaches different forms of yoga in Boulder CO and is also trained as a birth doula and provides pregnancy / birth - focused counseling. These workshops and groups are one of her favorite things she's ever done with work!
Read more about Alicia at http://alicianpatterson.com/
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:00 PM
Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:00 PM
Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:00 PM
Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, June 7, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:00 PM
Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:00 PM