What do Hermes, Halloween, and Burning Man all share in common?
… they animate the spirits!
Come join our member and thought leader Dina S. for a scry into the witch’s cauldron of ancient knowledge as we track its evolutionary journey and peer into present-day manifestations within every aspect of culture around us.
What might you expect if you join?
• Cast light into the darker crevasses of persuasive design
• Connect psychology and motivational values frameworks within your design and research
• Learn about Memetic Engineering, one of the newer job roles within UX and Messaging, before it formally exists
• Discover what companies and types of projects may benefit most from this role
• Get hands-on collaborative practice exploring memecraft within design
• Add a memetic lens to your research toolbox, enabling a more holistic view of your users’ ideals and unspoken desires
In this talk we will cover the history of memetics, and for a special Halloween treat, dive into symbolism, psychology, and occult practice as powerful vectors for memetic creation. This presentation is meant to trigger imaginative discussion while providing a broad spectrum understanding to help you start thinking like a memetic engineer.
Belly up to the cauldron this month if you are a...
• Magician, witch, or warlock of any coven ;)
• Traveler or otherwise infinitely curious kin
So, come one, come all, to the spooky spectacle of the mysterious, the monstrous, and the Discordianism undercurrents of culture creation.
Cookies, costumes, and candy corns OH MY!