Are you scared of the dark? Does night riding seem spooky to you? BMA is here to help you like Scooby Doo! Night riding is a great way to get out with fewer crowds and interact with nature and the trails in completely different way. Our ride guides are going to host you, and any/all of your family on a safe and sane, fun ride through south Boulder’s trails the night before Halloween. Come with your mountain bike, BMX, or anything that can ride on dirt. Dress up in costume (or don’t if you’re a rebel)! We’ll have several ride guides to lead the way, sweep up your bones, and teach you all about riding at night! If you have good night lights for riding, bring them! If not, we’ll have some loaners too! Bright flashlights and headlamps can work too. Use duct tape or zip ties to attach them to your helmet or bars. After the ride, we’ll reconvene at Under the Sun for some pub grub and a cold one!
We'll ride for about two hours. This is a no-drop ride for all ages and ability levels.
***Please read the following important information:***
The Boulder Mountainbike Alliance is a volunteer-run, membership-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. BMA's mission is to serve as a positive voice for mountain biking in the greater Boulder Colorado area by improving the trail experience for all users through skill clinics, social rides, events, advocacy, and trail building. Learn more about BMA here https://bouldermountainbike.org.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE RIDE
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- Riders should also carry basic tools: a spare tube in your correct tire size, a pump, tire lever, a chain tool and basic Allen wrenches.Snacks are recommended.
- Rides launch at 6:00 p.m. so be at the meeting location by 5:45 p.m., dressed and ready to roll by 6:00 p.m.
- If the weather is iffy make sure to check this page after 3:00 p.m. for updated info. If you signed up for the ride you should also receive an email in the event of a cancellation.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please sign up if you plan to join us.
Send us an email if you have any questions - [masked]
By signing up for this meetup you acknowledge that you read and agree to our liability waiver: https://bouldermountainbike.org/content/waiver