In this five-day intensive certificate program (held weekly on Saturdays or Sundays, 9am-5pm for 5 weeks), you will gain real-world skills and knowledge in all the key areas of UI/UX design. This class will focus on the user-centered design process with emphasis on user research, information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing. Students will work on a web or mobile project of their choice and will create artifacts including personas, user/task flows, sketches, and wireframes that can be added to a UX portfolio.
Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 9AM - 5PM
Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 9AM - 5PM
Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 9AM - 5PM
Sunday, August 4, 2019 - 9AM - 5PM
Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 9AM - 5PM
Our UI/UX Design certificate program will assist you on your path to becoming a skilled and marketable user experience designer. UX is critical to the success of any website or mobile app and, in today's environment, often the key competitive advantage. As such, people with these skills are in high demand in a rapidly growing industry.
During this five-day course, you'll build your user experience skills through a combination of lectures, hands-on learning, and guided practice time, and apply those skills to the planning, design, and testing of your own in-class project.
Whether you're an aspiring UXer, a graphic designer looking to add UX skills, or a product manager, developer, or entrepreneur who would like to build better products, this course is the perfect introduction to practical, tactical UX.
This class will be based on using Sketch and Invision to create design artifacts. The instructor can assist and support students also using UX prototyping tools such as such as Adobe XD, Axure, or Balsamiq. You don't have to be an expert, but practicing with a prototyping tool ahead of time will allow you to more effectively create and present your design solutions during the course.
During this course, you will:
* Learn how to think and solve problems like a UX designer.
* Gain practical experience and skills in each phase of the UX design process.
* Apply the UX design process to your own personal project and create project artifacts that can be added to your portfolio.
* Collaborate with other students on projects like a real-world UX team.
* Learn how to design a compelling resume and UX portfolio.
* Learn about the UX profession and receive UX career coaching.
What this course WILL NOT cover:
* Coding for the web or generating an actual website or mobile app.
* Intermediate or advanced techniques in UX prototyping tools or Adobe products.
For the program agenda, more information, and to register (required), please visit the BDA website: https://www.boulderdigitalarts.com/training/details.php?offering=395&source=meetup