TYPE: STSP | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalks, bike trail, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 3.5 miles
Welcome to Walk2Connect’s first weekly walk series in Longmont. These walks are relaxed, casual and fun. We will explore various roads, parks and alleyways around Longmont, rotating our starting place every week. Don’t like Mondays? These walks are for you! Come to make new friends while getting your mind, body and spirit moving at a natural pace. All abilities welcome.
On the fourth Monday of every month, we will do a McIntosh Lake Loop, walking around the lake from the entrance on Harvard St.
Walking Movement Leader: Ana M. Lucaci is the first Walking Movement Leader in Longmont to join Walk2Connect. She has used walking as a means of transportation for many years, particularly while growing up and working in Eastern Europe. After a pedestrian/car accident, she became a walking advocate, helping others experience walking as a means of staying healthy and speaking out to make walking accessible and safe for all.
Schedule: We will meet at 5:30 p.m. We leave NO LATER than 5:40 p.m. and will finish no later than 7 p.m.
~ Well-behaved dogs are allowed. No retractable leashes please.
~ Wear comfortable socks & clothing appropriate for the weather, and bring water, snacks and sun protection.
~ Be sure to bring water and consider bringing a camera to take and share photos.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online Welcome Waiver (http://walk2connect.com/welcomewaiver/) or download, print, sign and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year.
RSVP: Sign up here or emailing or call Ana at [masked],[masked].
1. Sign-up for Walk2Connect emails here (http://eepurl.com/XPdKH)
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here (http://www.walk2connect.com/events)
3. Follow us on Facebook here (https://www.facebook.com/BoulderRamblers/) or here (http://www.facebook.com/walk2connect)
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here (http://walk2connect.com/community/champions/)
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here (http://walk2connect.com/community/walkingmovementleaders/)
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH