All WordPress website owners should know some basic things about their WordPress database, because the database is where ALL of your content is stored and plays a central role in the WP environment.
In this Meetup, we will discuss:
- what is in the WP database (just about everything important)
- where is the database kept on the server (not with the other files)
- why the database is the most important thing you need to backup
- how themes and plugins interact with the database to show your content
- why database version, collation, and encoding matters
- how to optimize your database to keep it lean and mean
- how to find database tables left behind by old plugins
This Meetup is geared towards WordPress users to help you understand the role of the WordPress database, so you don't end up with issues down the road. Even if you don't feel comfortable doing certain things, you will get a load of questions to ask your developer or consultant to keep your database running smoothly.
(For a more technical discussion of the database, see https://www.meetup.com/BDWPBuilders/events/qmvsqpyzfbgb/ on March 4).