Starting this Tuesday and running through April,the Bozeman Climate Alliance is teaming up with Montana Conservation Voters to run a phonebank Tuesday nights during the MT legislative session. This phonebank encourages action by constituents around the state in districts of legislators whose vote may influence environmental legislation.
Many groups are involved in determining which bills and legislators to focus on: Alternative Energy Resources Organization (AERO), Clark Fork Coalition, Community Food and Agriculture Coalition, Greater Yellowstone Coalition, Montana Audubon, Montana Conservation Voters, Montana Environmental Information Center, Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG) , Montana Sierra Club, Montana Smart Growth Coalition, Montana Trout Unlimited, and Northern Plains Resource Council.
This Tuesday, we will meet at MSU in the Strand Union Building (SUB) in the Alumni Lounge next to the cafeteria. The agenda is:
1. Learn about/start the phone/email campaign. Bring a phone and lap top if you can. 5pm-6pm
6pm - 7pm Bozeman Climate Alliance meeting:
2. Make sure people get their Otter Creek comments into DEQ by March 6 (or use the easy Credo Action site: http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/montana_otter_creek/?p=montana_otter_creek&r=6994810&id=55417-790401-XnOfO9x)
3. Form a group to help organize the African Dance and Drum fundraiser for the Montana 23 March 29
4. Talk about Citizen's Climate Lobby, a nonprofit working to address climate change by passing a consumer-friendly tax on carbon. Watch the introductory call.
5. See if anyone knows of a space where we could meet on a weekly basis through April 2013, (preferably Tuesday evenings between 4:30 and 9- timing is flexible between these times), it would be nice to find a more permanent home. Basic requirements include: space for 10 to 15 people, wi fi access, and low or no cost (at first). Please contact Kristen Walser at[masked] if you have a space, or you know of a non-profit, church or synagogue, or business that might fit the bill and want to be host to a new, dynamic, educational and action oriented group!
6. Form a committee to make decisions! (If you would like to be on this committee but can't make it to this meeting, email Kristen at [masked].)