It is a known fact that friendships help protect our overall health and mental well being. Unfortunately, life can be hectic and with the demands of work, family and other responsibilities, it is not always easy to form the close bonds of friendship.
As women, it is imperative that we have "ME time" and make an effort to cultivate friendships to enrich our lives. Women need other women in their lives and it’s something many of us lack. The mandate of the group is to provide activities that allow our members the opportunity to find new friends with whom they may interact both inside and outside the Meet Up framework.
Do you work from home and sometimes feel isolated? Do you work outside the home but want to socialize outside the office? Do you simply want to make new friendships close to home? If the answer to any of these questions is "yes" it is time for you to come out and join the Brampton/Caledon Women 40+ Social Meetup group.
IMPORTANT TO READ BEFORE YOU APPLY
1. We ask that your group profile picture be a current facial photo of you alone (not of a cat, a flower, a sunset, an avatar or a tiny you on the horizon). Seeing each other is an important aspect of introduction and connecting. Your profile picture will only be visible to our members not the general public.
2. We ask that you honour commitments you make to attend events. If things change after you have said YES then change your RSVP or let us know after the fact by email. NO-SHOWS are tracked and will not be tolerated.
3. We do not ask that you attend any specific number of events however if you do not log onto the site at least once every 6 months you will be removed from the active members roll.
4. You will need to set your notifications to ON for at least this group. Many communications about personal addresses, car pools or other private sort of data is communicated via the groups email. If you don't have it set to receive you will miss out on information and probably on events.
5. Finally, we are not here to promote businesses or sales enterprises. We are a social group so please join us with that in mind.
By observing these few common sense rules we all will have a great time. Please join us for coffee, dinners, hiking, shows, movies, pub nights, restaurants, photo walks, cross country skiing, and much more. Regardless of the event, we all love to get together for some good old fashioned girl talk.