Let’s talk, laugh and debate about topics that challenge us to learn from each other. We know this won’t always be easy, but that’s a part of what makes it valuable. Inherent in this group is the notion that, whether on current events, life experiences, politics, philosophy or science -- your voice matters. Each voice serves as a potentially valuable reference point for everyone to learn from.
This group is about building brave conversations on topics suggested by members, and voted upon by members. We are about learning, tolerance and acceptance.
Whether you’d like to dive in to dialog, or listen and ponder, all are welcome.
* Start time -- 7pm (Please plan to arrive shortly before)
* End time -- 9pm
Each meeting will consist of three segments. We’ll start with a greeting by the organizers, as well as short announcements, after which we will begin the three main segments of discussion: (1) Sharing initial thoughts, (2) group discussions, (3) sharing of concluding thoughts.
We'll try to wrap things up by 9pm, but why not stick around for drinks?
-- Topic Suggestions --
Members are encouraged to submit ideas for future topics at meetings. During each meetup, a sheet will be passed around to collect suggestions. Please see our running list of previously suggested topics: https://tinyurl.com/y85avqjw
-- Voting on Topics --
The last few minutes of each meeting will be devoted to voting: a show of hands to choose one of three topics, and members may vote as many times as they please. Organizers will be tasked with choosing these three topics from the previous meeting’s list of suggestions. A running list of previous and proposed topic suggestions will be made available to the group.
We warmly invite you to have an open discussion and share your thoughts on “An ageing society and the effects on us”
Much thanks to Arlene for the topic suggestion.
All the bests,
• Important to know:
* Please plan to arrive just before 7pm. We will begin by sharing our initial thoughts on the topic, and then break into group discussion.
* Group discussion will compose much of the meeting. We will wrap things up at 8:45 to once again share our thoughts on the evening’s topic, and then vote on a topic for the next meeting. All are welcome to stay for drinks after 9pm :-)
* Please bring your topic suggestions. We will be collecting them, and be voted upon on at the end of the meeting.
* Your feedback is a not-so-secret ingredient to what “Brave Conversations” becomes. Please let us know what you think after the meetup, either over drinks, or through the site. :-)
Please feel free to ask us any questions! Hope to see you soon!