What we're about
This is a community for courageous educators, facilitators, school leaders, parents, executives, community organizers, advocates who are committed to diversity, inclusion, and educational equity--and committed to community collaboration.
Each month members will have the opportunity to share tools/activities/resources that facilitate meaningful dialogues and transformative change for our communities (schools, organizations, etc.).
We'll explore topics such as:
• Inclusive community-building activities
• Having courageous conversations
• Getting comfortable with the uncomfortable
• Leading B.I.G. (with boundaries, integrity, and generosity)
...and the group will co-construct the vision (and revisit it) as we get started.
Bottom line: I want this to be a generative, supportive space of reciprocal learning. We'll often start by playing the S.P.A.R.K. Game (www.spark4community.com), then we'll engage around a topic/theme, where everyone will have a chance to share. (So you know, we also have a virtual gathering space in our Facebook group too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/spark4community/)
Curious to know what the S.P.A.R.K. acronym stands for? It represents the shared agreements for "how we BE" with one another.
- Show up authentically and with love.
- Pause. Listen with fearlessness and intentionality.
- Ask. Don’t assume. Show courageous curiosity rather than certainty.
- Respect diversity and see one another as equals.
- Kindly expect tension. Create space for vulnerability.
Got questions? Feel free to message me.