addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York Brazilian Portuguese Meetup Group Message Board › Welcome and ways to stay connected to the Brazilian-American community

Welcome and ways to stay connected to the Brazilian-American community

Aparecida T.
portugueseteachern...
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hello,

As the group organizer for over six years now, I want to take a moment to say welcome to all our new members (we are seeing around five people a day join our group now, it’s amazing!) and to let you know about other opportunities to engage the Brazilian-American community.

We enjoyed a Bate Papo last night with over 60 people from the group! I look forward to many more exciting activities, and always encourage everyone to contribute ideas for future events, so let me know.

Many of you joined the group to be aware of local events, to learn more about Brazil and to practice Portuguese. To follow current news about Brazil and various local happenings, check out the Facebook page for Brazil Station (www.facebook.com/BrazilStation­) and follow them on Google+ (plus.google.com/u/0/103970917907324397540/­).

Brazil Station (www.brazilstation.com­) is the oldest school to focus on Portuguese in the area, and offers everyone a monthly newsletter that describes Brazilian regions, legends, interesting facts and language tips. To subscribe, click on this link: http://www.patronmail.com/pmailweb/PatronSetup?oid=1160­.

I hope the group continues to serve as a center for Brazilian-American events and these suggestions offer some ways to build our community. My goal is for your experience to be rewarding and fun.

Obrigada,
Aparecida Teixeira