We're new here!Join us!
Join us for themed Meetups where we will re-balance by practicing breathing, yoga, and discussing mindful eating and healthy lifestyle habits. My name is Desiree and I would like to facilitate both your growth and mine through our Meetups. I have realized that facing myself is my greatest fear, but the more I do, the better I feel. I have over 15 years of experience in the medical field. If you would like to view my resume, please see it on my website: www.wellnesswithdesiree.com. I am currently a Holistic Integrative Health Coach and Yoga/Aerobics instructor at LA Fitness. My degrees are in Biology, Chemistry and Health Sciences. I trained in Hatha Yoga in South India and have also attended my first year of Naturopathic Medical School in Seattle. I have been a High School Biology and Chemistry International teacher for 5 years and also privately tutor Math and Reading.
I have experimented with nutrition and food for about 14 years, where I was raised eating a Cuban/American diet, was vegan for 10 years, raw vegan for 3 years, paleo/primal for 6 months. I have gone through multiple detox and fasting methods as well. In total I have lost about 90 pounds of fat and have eliminated all of my health problems and prescription pills. I have also helped my mother and husband do similarly. I believe that I can take people to the next level in their health journey, which can actually be deeper many times than just physical needs, because emotional/spiritual needs are even more important at times.
Goals for Meetup
• Meet like-minded people and come together for the same purpose.
• To realize and honor that we are bioindividuals and one person's poison may be another person's medicine.
• To become "Truth-Seekers" where we try to find our personal truths in this life and on this planet.
• To learn to accept and love our own individuality.
• To be supported through the process of self-growth, self-discovery and positive lifestyle changes.
The general layout for Breathe~Stretch~Eat Meetups will be:
1. Gather together on time and set-up our yoga mats (or towel). We will first stretch by do some warm-up sun salutations and yoga poses (different level poses will be shown for your personal level and comfort). This will help to "ground" the body and bring you into the present moment. Also, it relaxes the body in order to be able to focus better and sit more calmly.
2. Breathing exercises (Pranayama) for help with the removal of toxins in the body and to bring balance to the nervous system.
3. Group discussion led by Desiree on Health and Wellness topics as we have a Healthy Snack!
What to Bring:
*Yoga Mat or Long Towel, Water Bottle
*If you can, bring fruits and veggies (including spinach, lettuce!) as healthy snacks to share with others. We can wash them and cut them if you bring them whole. Grab organic if possible!
*If you can, please help us cover the Meetup Membership fees with a monetary donation of your choice for the services, time and knowledge that will be shared in organizing these events.
Thank you for your interest!