This is a group for women/femme-identifying/non-binary folks who want to connect to a sober/sober curious network in their local area. We believe sobriety is a gift, not a consequence— and we want to build a life that’s full, authentic, booze-free and fun! Our group is an opportunity to meet others on a similar path through our discussion forum and community-led events. Whether you are sober or curious about sobriety, you’re welcome.
* To be a member you must abide by our shared agreements:
1) Be sober or interested in living a sober lifestyle. While you don't need to have accumulated sober time to be a part of Bridge Club, you must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while in attendance of any events or posting on the forum. Anyone who is under the influence at a community event will be asked to leave. If we suspect a post has been made while someone is under the influence it will be deleted.
2) Identify as a women/femme/non-binary individual. For now, this is the community we feel most able to support. Overtime, we hope to expand Bridge Club to anyone looking to live life booze-free.
3) Be kind and respectful to other Bridge Club members. Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. Both on our online forum or in-person events.
4) Please keep conversations on the forum related to sobriety/recovery/sober-fun and local events. Do not post images of alcohol anywhere on this forum. This can be upsetting for group members—and we see enough of booze in the real world!
5) Manage your RSVPs. Space is often limited for events (and our event organizers go through a lot of trouble!) So if you RSVP, please make sure you are able to attend, and if you need to cancel please give 48 hours notice.
** Please note that these events are peer-led and community-driven. We are not recovery or mental health professionals, just peers looking to make connections with others. If you suspect someone is in danger or has intent to harm themselves or others, please report to the group organizer.
*** If you'd like to host an event, awesome! Please message the group organizer with your idea. Keep in mind that the events should feel safe and welcoming to sober folks.