This week we're going to play Vast & Starlit, a sci-fi/space opera game of interstellar crime and rebellion.
Second game options: Vast & Starlit, Lasers & Feelings, Fiasco space-crimes
Soft start at 6:30pm, and we'll definitely have the game(s) underway by 7pm.
About Vast & Starlit
• A nano-game of interstellar crime & rebellion by Epidiah Ravachol
• a GM-less, diceless, scene-framing game
• Rulebook is only about 450 words long!
• 2013 Indie RPG Awards Most Innovative Game Runner-Up
• Rulebook pdf available here and here (pay what you want)
• Actual play: video
• Review: BoardGameGeek
About Weekly One-shots
Weekly One-shots is an opportunity for casual tabletop roleplaying, ideal for those who are into indie, story-based gaming, can't commit to long TRPG campaigns, or are too busy on weekends to game. We'll be playing a different game each week (more or less).
It's casual, so if you see a game come up that looks like it's up your alley, and the meetup suits your schedule, come along!
Also, if you want to request a game, or volunteer to run a game, please do so!
Games played so far: Fiasco, Don't Rest Your Head, Dread, Everyone is John, 3:16 Carnage Among the Stars, Night's Black Agents, Shinobigami, Archipelago, 13th Age, Remember Tomorrow, Trail of Cthulhu, Poison'd, the Pool, the Forgotten, Lasers & Feelings, Protocol Game Series, Itras By, Polaris, Call of Cthulhu, Microscope, In a Wicked Age, Old Friends, Lady Blackbird, Apocalypse World, Durance, Dungeon World
About one-shot tabletop roleplaying in general
• the whole game begins and ends in one session
• no need to commit to attending every week: just pick the games that appeal to you, or the dates that suit your schedule
• many one-shot systems are GM-less
• emphasis on storytelling and improvised acting, rather than dice-rolling, resource allocation, and probability-based strategy
• opportunity to sample lots of different gaming systems, genres, and gaming worlds
*some one-shots may spill over into 2- or 3-session mini-campaigns.