This week we'll be playing the much-loved Everyone is John indie tabletop RPG.
Second Game: Everyone is John
Soft start: 6:30pm
Hard start: 7:00pm
(It's ok if you can't make it by 6:30pm, but we'll be starting play at 7pm sharp...ish)
If you RSVP "yes", but your situation changes and you can't come, that's ok but please let us know. It affects our planning on the night.
About Everyone Is John
"Everyone is John is a humorous, competitive roleplaying game about playing the various personalities of John, an insane man from Minneapolis (or wherever you like)."
"All of these voices are trying to get John to do something that they like. The funniest thing about this game is your voice can make him want to do ANYTHING. (I mean ANYTHING)"
I've a feeling this one is going to be both fun and hilarious. Don't miss it.
Rules (like, two pages, dude): http://alturl.com/64t7c or http://alturl.com/ms2bf
Reviews: http://alturl.com/og6mx and http://alturl.com/eb5co
About Weekly One-Shots
Weekly One-Shots is an opportunity for casual tabletop roleplaying, ideal for those who are into indie, story-based gaming, can't commit to long TRPG campaigns, or are too busy on weekends to game. We'll be playing a different game each week (more or less).
It's casual, so if you see a game come up that looks like it's up your alley, and the meetup suits your schedule, come along!
Also, if you want to request a game, or volunteer to run a game, please do so!
Games played so far: Fiasco, Don't Rest Your Head, Dread, Everyone is John, 3:16 Carnage Among the Stars, Night's Black Agents, Shinobigami, Archipelago, 13th Age, Remember Tomorrow, Trail of Cthulhu, Poison'd, the Pool, the Forgotten, Lasers & Feelings, Protocol Game Series, Itras By, Polaris, Call of Cthulhu, Microscope, In a Wicked Age, Old Friends, Lady Blackbird, Apocalypse World, Durance, Dungeon World, Monster of the Week, Vast & Starlit, Primetime Adventures, Kingdom, The Quiet Year, Ghost Lines, SpyFi, Eden, Hearts Blazing, Misspent Youth, Inspectres, Follow, Classroom Deathmatch, Continuum, Cthulhu Dark, Trollbabe, One Last Job, Star Wars (d6), Bliss Stage, Scion, Over the Edge, Strange Gravity, So You Survived, Reflections, Dungeons & Dragons, Monsterhearts 2E, Bluebeard's Bride, Burning Wheel, Danger Patrol, Ryuutama, Swords Without Master, Epyllion, Eclipse Phase, Red Markets, Dusk City Outlaws, Companion's Tale
About one-shot tabletop roleplaying in general
• the whole game begins and ends in one session
• no need to commit to attending every week: just pick the games that appeal to you, or the dates that suit your schedule
• many one-shot systems are GM-less
• emphasis on storytelling and improvised acting, rather than dice-rolling, resource allocation, and probability-based strategy
• opportunity to sample lots of different gaming systems, genres, and gaming worlds
• If this kind of gaming sounds like a hobby/community that you want to delve further into, check out our small but active Facebook community: Brisbane Indie RPG and Story Gamers ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/brisbaneRPGgamers/ )