addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Brisbane Python User Group Message Board › Introduction and Advice

Introduction and Advice

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi there,

Im Simon and Im 27 and looking to learn Python.

Ive come to Brisbane from New Zealand as our own Job market is to say the least, very stale...

My situation is I have very little experience in the IT Industry and my qualifications are outdated and unrecognizable here. So I have decided to re-train and found that programming would be a good option.

With some very careful research, I have decided Python would be the best choice to begin my adventure in this great place called Australia. So for 6 months I have begun to teach myself the Python syntax with great challenge and now I have come to the point where I can no longer go any further without direct influence of a knowledgeable source.

I am now reaching out to the community for direction and advice or even the possibility of someone teaching me. I am dedicated, I will learn Python with or without the help of others but some Yoda guidance would be nice.

Thank you all

Simon Linch