Become part of the largest Brompton social network in the US!
Here you can share your love of cycling, folding bicycles, and the Brompton bicycle. Whether you’re already a Brompton owner, are just beginning to learn about folding bikes, or simply want to explore new ways of experiencing your city, this group will give you a chance to meet new people and explore the world. There are lots of fun events to participate in like scenic rides, clinics, charity events, and more! We look forward to meeting you!
Everyone is welcome to join the Brompton community — and that means you!
Brompton Boston of Conduct
• We welcome any kind of bike and any type of rider in our group. However, some rides may be better suited to specific types of bikes and riders. If you’re not sure if a ride is right for you or your bike, just ask! We’re happy to help.
• No one gets left behind! We wait for all riders and finish the ride together.
• We do not encourage drinking alcohol and riding. However, if drinking and riding are taking place at the same event, we are responsible and arrange for appropriate transportation.
• Helmets are recommended to all riders.
• We are honest about our ability to participate. We only commit to events we plan to attend.
• We do not use this platform to sell anything. This group is purely for social purposes.
Be sure to use the hashtag #BromptonMA & tag us on your pictures to share your Brompton adventures.
This ride will be along the Charles River on the Charles Dudley Bike Path and will include a great food stop. We'll meet at the Community Boating House which is on the bike path just by the entrance to the new footbridge that connects Charles MGH T-Stop to the Bike Path.
After about 7 miles on the bike path, we'll cross over the Charles into Watertown and continue along the Charles but on the opposite side. Along the way, we'll veer off to Harvard Square and get a bite at Clover on Holyoke Street. Then we'll cross the Charles at N. Harvard St and get back on the Boston side of the Bike Path and finish up where we started - at Community Boating House on the bike path.
It will be about 14 miles total and with a stop for food, probably 2 1/2 - 3 hours or so.
Clover is an unique mostly vegan quick service eatery with seasonal items. https://www.cloverfoodlab.com
Rain Date will be Sunday June 2nd at the same start time of 9:00 AM.
We’re excited to announce that Brompton World Championships USA will be in Harlem, New York for 2019. We’ve partnered with the Harlem Skyscraper Criterium to use its ripping fast four-corner course to determine who will be crowned BWC USA Champion! Each year riders from around the country converge for this unique and exciting event.
As always, the fastest overall male and female rider will win entry to the BWC Finals in London and airfare. We’ll also be picking out the fastest veteran’s rider, best dressed, fastest overall team, and for the first time, the fastest women’s team!
Registration is available now at www.bromptonworldsusa.com!
We hope to see you in June!