addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Brooklyn Drum Circles Message Board › Kuku and You recap.

Kuku and You recap.

Brian
user 3000719
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Hello Groovelanders,

Our last meetup, Kuku and You was a blast. I taught the group a great warm-stretching regime that I learned while studying Maracatu drumming at The Gowanus Arts building in Brooklyn. I use it personally to warm up every time before I play.

Secondly, I taught the group each of the three parts of Kuku, a West African rhythm celebrating the harvest. Then we moved on to playing all the parts together and swithing parts so that each person had experience playing each part. Kuku and You Video

Our next circle is Sunday, December 12th. Please mark your calendars.

Best,

Brian