addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Brooklyn Drum Circles Message Board › DRUMS from HEAVEN Oct 29 7 to midnite

DRUMS from HEAVEN Oct 29 7 to midnite

A former member
Post #: 40

Please allow me to introduce you to Dorothy Sikora, whose life we want to save.

As many of you know October is breast cancer awareness month.
Unfortunately people who end up with this disease become aware for the rest of their lives. Dorothy is one of these people.
Please come help support Dorothy on Oct 29. This DRUMS from HEAVEN
has become one of the most personal fundraising events I will have done.
Your support in money donated, your community drumming, dancing and healing chants will definitely help Dorothy in her quest to beat this disease and go on living for years to come. If you can't come and want to donate, please contact me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DRUMS from HEAVEN 5'th Anniversary

Halloween Drum & Dance Ball
Friday, Oct 29, 2010 7 to Midnite

$20 donation to benefit fellow drummer Dorothy Sikora, cancer patient.

Featuring interactive drumming and dancing with you, and performances by: Sigi ~Bellydancer, Marco y La Reina w/ Conga
The Rhythm Monsters with Bernard Woma and the Saakumu DanceTroupe
Hameed African Drummers
Special surprise guest Facilitators

Saddle Brook V.F.W 44 Market St. Saddle Brook, N.J. 07663

Prizes - Raffles - Refreshments Costumes optional ~~~ best 3 win prizes
Grand prize raffle ~~ 3 Drums!

www.myspace.com/drumsfromheaven Thanks for growing together! TommyPurpleHaze

We have an awesome evening set for your pleasure. Please have an open mind and open heart. Enjoy the performances. Something special will happen during each of our 5 hours together. So, even if you can only come for 1 ~ 2 ~ or 3 hours, I promise, you will enjoy your DRUMS from HEAVEN experience. Everyone should get to play drums for at least 2 !/2 hours, dancing all night. Our Grand Prize will be extra special to honor our 5'th anniversary.
One person will win a djembe, a doumbek and Bongo's, so please buys lots of tickets!
Your $20 door donation is a bargain for what you will experience. Plus food is included!
Adult beverages are also available for purchase.You have the option of wearing costume
during our festive night and possibly winning a prize. We also have many prizes to raffle!

Our tentative schedule:
6:30: Doors open
7:00: Welcome - Guest facilitator (with you)
7:30: Sigi's Bellydance
7:50: Mid-east drumming (with you)
8:15: Marco y La Reina Conga drum and dance (with you)
8:45:Costume parade and prizes
9:00: Food and tricky tray raffles
9:30:Tommy's poem / healing chant (with you)
9:45:Tommy leads Jingo Jam (with you)
9:55: Cash raffle / grand prize raffle- (djembe, doumbek, bongos)
10:00:The Rhythm Monsters
10:20 The Rhythm Monsters lead the circle
10:40: Dorothy & Dana facilitate (with you)
11:00: Hameed African Drummers
11:20: Hameed African Drummers lead the circle
11:40:Tommy and you closing with The Bo Diddley Beat
A former member
Post #: 6
I have got to say that having attended Tommy Purple Haze's events in the past, I can guarantee you would have a wonderful time and meet a lot of fine people. Add to that the fact that Dorothy Sikora is a dynamite Drum Circle Facilitator herself, a lovely person, wife and mother who has been battling cancer for some time, you would be doing another drummer what my people call a "mitzvoh". I urge you to attend if at all possible. Car pools are not impossible. I would be happy to facilitate putting some together if those who have cars and will go and those who don't who would like to go would contact me.

Beverly