addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Brooklyn Drum Circles Message Board › Drummers for Halloween Parade in Park Slope-experience good, must have own i

Drummers for Halloween Parade in Park Slope-experience good, must have own instrument

A former member
Post #: 8
The Park Slope Civic Council is looking for a group of drummers to march in the Halloween Parade from 7th Avenue and 14th Street to 3rd Street, down 3rd St to the Old Stone House park on 5th Avenue, enter the park, and then the three bands do some jamming for about an hour, ending by 9 pm or earlier. There may be some bucks involved.

I am willing to put together a small group of drummers with at least some experience and their own instruments to do this. Please contact me directly and quickly if you are able to drum in this parade. I would probably bring my surdo, a Brazilian bottom drum made especially for being used while moving.

Beverly
A former member
Post #: 1
The Park Slope Civic Council is looking for a group of drummers to march in the Halloween Parade from 7th Avenue and 14th Street to 3rd Street, down 3rd St to the Old Stone House park on 5th Avenue, enter the park, and then the three bands do some jamming for about an hour, ending by 9 pm or earlier. There may be some bucks involved.

I am willing to put together a small group of drummers with at least some experience and their own instruments to do this. Please contact me directly and quickly if you are able to drum in this parade. I would probably bring my surdo, a Brazilian bottom drum made especially for being used while moving.

Beverly

Hi Beverly,
I'd like to join you with my tambourine and cowbell.
Let me know if i can.
Thanks, Margaret
A former member
Post #: 9
Hi Margaret-

Thanks for responding.

You would be more than welcome to join if any of the others had responded as affirmatively. As it is, I can no longer get in touch with the organizers, and in any case, I am afraid just two of us wouldn't cut it, especially when it came to playing against other bands. Perhaps I will learn of this earlier next year and there will be a more enthusiastic response from others.

If I were going to be home tomorrow I would certainly be curious enough to check out the end location and especially the bands, but as it is, I have been invited to attend a preview at the Vivian Beaumont Theater. I'm not about to turn that down at this point, so if you go, I would be more than curious to know what you think.

Best-

Beverly

Beverly

Hi Beverly,
I'd like to join you with my tambourine and cowbell.
Let me know if i can.
Thanks, Margaret