What we're about
This Meetup is designed with Bible-believing, professing Christians who own their own business in mind. Our aim is to pray for one another, understand biblically sound principles for our business, and to help each other grow our businesses and our faith. Having said that, being a Christian is not a requirement for membership—however high moral and ethical standards are.
If things go well, we will be meeting for lunch on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month (holidays permitting). We hope to grow into meeting at Boulevard Bible Chapel (6800 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL 33024) for the sake of quiet, seating, and presentations, but will meet at nearby restaurants until we grow into it.
This meeting will include:
- Bible study
- Book study (members will be encourage to read through an assigned book together)
- Business introductions and requests
- Business needs/solutions brainstorming
- Business referrals
NOTE: This Meetup is under development — location, time, frequency, and agenda are still under development. Please join if you are interested and get in touch with me if you are serious: email@example.com
• Requirements for membership:
- Ownership of, or major participation in, a local business
- Clear, biblical testimony of saving faith in Christ
- Desire to honor God first, and grow your business second
- High moral and ethical business standards
• Working meeting agenda:
11:50 – Lunch and mingle
12:00 – Opening prayer
12:02 – Bible study
12:10 – Ten minute book presentation (five) and discussion (five)
12:20 – One minute introduction and request from all members
12:35 – Five minute spotlight business presentation (educate us about your field, specify your ideal clients, share key business needs)
12:40 – Fifteen minute Q&A / brainstorming for spotlight business
12:55 – Passing of referral and business cards
12:59 – Closing prayer
• Meeting rules:
- Should an issue about what "moral and ethical" means, the Bible will serve as the final authority on objective morals and ethics.
- Businesses will have a representative attending at least 75% of the meetings in any 12-month period.
- Members will strive to conduct themselves with high moral and ethical standards inside and outside of meetings.
- In order to allow multiple members from the same professional field, all members must develop and agree to a fair and balanced referral system that allows mutual benefit; if this agreement is not plausible, both members cannot receive referrals and the senior member (in good standing) will be the default recipient.