N12 Zonderfout Farm I226, Portion 5, Delmas
Learn To Drift – Basic Drifting Techniques
1. Basic Drifting Techniques
• Oversteer vs Understeer
Learn the basics of these two important aspects of driving and drifting
• 1st Gear Powerslide
Get used to the rear of the car sliding as you let out the clutch from a standing start.
• Handbrake Turns
Accelerate up to a cone and yank the handbrake.
• 90′ 180′ and 360′ spins
• Handbrake Park
Ever wanted to park a car like a stuntman? Now you can!
• Figure 8’s
The basis of any good drift technique, flicking the car from side to side in a figure 8 shaped track.
• 2nd Gear Powerslide
Kick things up a gear as you now try your hand at 2nd gear slides, at higher speeds.
• Finally, Pit yourself against your fellow drivers and find out who is the best drifter of the day. Enjoy the fruits of your talent as you pop champagne like a champ!
Please note, all vehicles have manual transmissions, and customers will need to demonstrate an ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission. Failure to do so will result in a customer’s sessions being stopped and no refund or rescheduling will be done.
NB: There will be 2 groups of 8 Adventurers each. The first group is fully booked and there are 4 spots available in the 2nd group. Should not all 8 spots be filled in the 2nd group, the 2nd group will have to be cancelled, as the cost will increase in excess of the current once off discount price of R2 000 per person.
• 2 Hours
• R2,000 (Discounted 50% from standard rate of R4,000)
• 2pm to 4pm.
• Red Star Raceway, N12 Zonderfout Farm I226, Portion 5, Delmas
[masked],[masked] 26°04'32.7"S 28°45'21.1"E
• All emails to be sent to [masked]. • All telephone queries can be directed to[masked] 3143.
• Strictly no refunds will be made once booking confirmation is received. We will, within reason, try our hardest to accommodate customers that need to cancel provided there are classes available.
• Sessions can be stopped due to unacceptable behaviour of a customer and no refund or rescheduling will be done.
About the vehicles used for classes
• All of our vehicles are more or less on the same performance level and capable of approximately the same stage times.
• Vehicles are rotated and any of our vehicles may be used on any given day, depending on the size of group and availability.
• One vehicle can be used for groups up to 4 people.
• All vehicles are fitted with roll cages and safety harnesses.
• Participants take turns driving without the instructor.
• All vehicles have manual transmissions.
What to wear
• We will supply a balaclava and protective rally helmet on the day.
• Wear comfortable light clothes and thin flat-soled sports shoes. Preferably wear a shirt with a collar.
Weather and Availability
• Remember this is a weather related activity and excessive rain can cause postponement or cancellation of sessions.
• Please remember instructors can become ill, cars can break and the track can wash away.
• If sessions are stopped due to mechanical failures or for any other general reason the remainder of such runs may be rescheduled to future dates. Clients agree that although we will do our best to accommodate them on suitable dates, this will not always be possible.
• Spectators are welcome and it is recommended to bring a camera to capture the excitement.
• Please note that all activities take place outside and it is advised not to bring small children or people who are not feeling well. Conditions can be very dusty, warm or cold depending on weather season. Please make sure you have sunblock and a cap or hat for protection against sunburn.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.