The guidelines for this group are that events MUST:
• Be fun .
• Involve comradery.
• Provide full details as to when/where.
• Equipment/Clothing required.
• State loss of life probability.
• Other info to make the adventure safe.
The event SHOULD:
• Involve SOME physical activity (no quilting bees)
• Assemble for a social activity afterwards
• Attendance WOULD BE NICE. Your presence is appreciated, but not required. If you RSVP yes and can't make the event please update. But if you can't for some reason respond, well oh shit.
I have posted some of the events that I have developed in the past and some that I have always wanted to do. I added certain dates (ie Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc) to remind me that I should probably not schedule something, but others can. I encourage others to create events also within this Meetup Group.
NOTE: It has been my experience that during hikes/adventures/etc, you do not make friends, you make them afterwards (that is why I recommend a social period after the event).
There are some events that I will post that I am not hosting/attending. They are there/here to remind others what adventures are upcoming that they may want to attend.
This was what we did in July, 2013. Class 5 Rafting in Alaska. No loss of life.
Kirk Miller ( )
Bruce Lockwood (Kayak Camping)
Cindy Carver (Kayaking)
Mike D'Uria (Hikes, Biking)
Fred Nash (Kayaking)
Jeff M (Hikes)
No event is outside the philosophy(extreme in both directions: Quilting Bees to climbing Mount Kilimanjaro) of the group, no hike too small, nor too large.
Photos are not required, but you can't complain when I do not recognize you.
Proper names are not required, but when you are lost on a hike and we call SAR, it is confusing to them when I say your name is "Hiker Dude".
Bottom line is: This is your group, do with it as you may.