addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Buffalo Science Cafe Message Board › Meetings..?

Meetings..?

A former member
Post #: 216

Hi...

Sorry again to have missed the March 20th meet... But I'm anxious to see what more we can do, so I thought I'd bump everyone... :)

I have a fairly large private place for get together meetings if needed... Unless of course it's more enjoyable at a Denny's or Spot... Or even a lounge somewhere..?

I was wondering what the various members are most interested in... What branch of science... What discussions would be of most general interest... I'm open to anything myself... To learn if nothing else... My favorite subject is the cosmos. But I'm not the typical believer in the current fairy tales that are said to be going on our there...

Can we have some thoughts on this..?

Looking forward to meeting others who have a few clues... :)

Floyd

A former member
Post #: 93
Which fairy-tales? Not being saucy, just want to know...

I'm terribly interested in Dinosaur evolution, and how that picture continues to change; and what it means for our own probable beginnings.

Also, the cosmos, black holes, and how material from another universe might be perceived here in ours.
A former member
Post #: 218
Fairy tales coming from our imagined 'time' being put into the calculations of the cosmos as a living breathing part of it. Time is running wild in the math... Stretching and contracting and folding itself up. Creating worm holes, holograms from black holes, multiple universes, and the list goes on.. Time is only a 'measuring' tool but they have made it an absolute part of the cosmos... Space/Time is it now called... Yuk..! Space knows nothing of time... It's not on a schedule... Human's imagined time is simply creating fairly tales when we should be looking for physical truths... Time is giving a lot of material for those who like sci fi.., but I've been discussing it at length with physicists online and many agree.., it does not belong in the cosmos...

michelle s.
user 26443422
Fort Erie, ON
Post #: 2
I'm fascinated with quantum physics and how it relates to spirituality (The Intention Experiment; Dancing Wu Li Masters). Not much into chemistry, but I'd love to learn about the geology of the area, and always interested in biology and meteorology and CSI stuff.
A former member
Post #: 96
Human's imagined time is simply creating fairly tales when we should be looking for physical truths... Time is giving a lot of material for those who like sci fi.., but I've been discussing it at length with physicists online and many agree.., it does not belong in the cosmos...

Agreed! When I lived in Indiana some years ago, the uproar over switching to Daylight Saving's Time was not to be believed--- because so many were saying, it was wrong to change God's time. ????
Rob
user 4216351
Group Organizer
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 170
So I just joined and see we have no meetings scheduled. A meet and greet would be a nice way to kick things off. If anyone is interested I can get us a location in Buffalo with a conference room. Will need to know what times people are most available and when the room is available. I'll take care of the latter, please let me know availability and interest.

RC